I'm almost done with mine. Just need to clean it up, finish a few small things, and paint it.

392682_10150558224300406_500925405_11398031_471942540_n.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

before

Yamahafirstcut.jpg

after

I spent New Years Eve stripping most of the smaller stuff off my 75 XS and making the first cuts for my vision...

dropped seat, 3-4inch stretched custom hardtail, changing forks and other assorted mods.

the old way was a solid mounted, flat steel seat- no springs, no pad and a rigid tail...
I plan on keeping it that way... but a lower seat, longer wheelbase and higher backrest should make for a slightly smoother ride.

mine but still building need a rib fender then take it appart and paint it .

Attachments

• IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 196
Just an updated photo. Fired it up the other day (after 1.5 years) and it almost came up on the first kick. Ran it for a couple of minutes.

I'll post a video of it starting off the remote control after I replace a leaking clutch push rod seal that I noticed.

Rich

full

full

Just an updated photo. Fired it up the other day (after 1.5 years) and it almost came up on the first kick. Ran it for a couple of minutes.

I'll post a video of it starting off the remote control after I replace a leaking clutch push rod seal that I noticed.

Rich

full

full

The invisible chain is friggin awesome!!!!:yikes:

Rich

full

i realllllllly like this bike. this is what an xs bobber should look like in my opinion.
great job man seriously

also, what headlight bracket and headlight are you using?

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the kind compliments. All of the great bikes and information here have been invaluable in helping me put this bike together.

Ace:
No, steering won't be remote control... :D Just ignition, lights and starter at this point. I'm still trying to decide on which direction to take the steering, though. It's got me stumped right at the moment. I love apes... But, I'm really starting to warm up to the drag bar/low rise custom bars... :shrug:

Stcin:
The headlight is a new Bates 5-3/4" halogen. I found that transparent glass spray/tint at Michaels and it was a breeze to do. If local LEOs don't like it, a little acetone and it's all good. I fabricated the bracket. Nothing fancy. Mounts to the two holes where the brake splitter was originally located. Kinda looks like a "T".

Thanks, again.

Rich

Last edited:
TampaSVT- You made a beautiful bike so far!, and I don't even care much for choppers/ bobber because way too many people cut up a great working machines and have the bike turn out as a death trap or never get finished and rot away.

Posted via Mobile

TampaSVT- ...way too many people cut up a great working machines and have the bike turn out as a death trap or never get finished and rot away.

Posted via Mobile

I've gotten some great deals from some of those guys who had no idea how big and how expensive such projects are. Others are simply disasters...

I have 2 XS's currently, an '81 that I chopped from a clapped out stocker, and a '76 unfinished chopper project I just picked up. The 81 is back apart, because a) some gremlins developed in the engine, and b) it was my first build, and there were many things I wished I had done differently, so.... I'm re-doing it. The 76 was bought for the engine, but if I know me, I may be making a second bike out of the left over parts once I finish the first....

Last edited:
[/IMG]
Traded a DS7 straight up for this bike. It was a rusty mess when I got it, but it's gettin there.

Attachments

• 022-3.jpg
    022-3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 3
Back