I thought I'd throw in a pic of my new build

Attachments

• bike now.png
    bike now.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 271
nice, slade! wish I could view it a little bigger though. :)

I hope that these photos are better, maybe clicking on the image will enlarge them and thank you foy the compliment

Attachments

• top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 180
  • the dog.jpg
    the dog.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 192
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 239
The dog came right off of a Mack truck. The eyes don't light up, did mack make a hood dog with eyes that light up? That would be cool.

I don't know if it was Mack or aftermarket but I have seen a few on trucks.

I once saw an old Mack whose owner had rigged his dog on a track that let him move the dog to the left and right corners of the truck where the dog would turn and look back down the side of the truck and blink one eye.

I don't know if it was Mack or aftermarket but I have seen a few on trucks.

I once saw an old Mack whose owner had rigged his dog on a track that let him move the dog to the left and right corners of the truck where the dog would turn and look back down the side of the truck and blink one eye.

very cool- I'm looking for a horn that growls

My Bike

titled as a 79' but rocks a 1970 XS1 motor.

Attachments

• DSCN5146.jpg
    DSCN5146.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCN5170.jpg
    DSCN5170.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Did some swapping around last night. Swapped on the Girder for the stock telescopic front end. I think the girder is a +10 but am unsure. It didn't make the XS sit as high in the nose as I thought it would. Has a little 60's-70's stance to it but it isn't too bad. Think I will leave it like it is for a while and get the front brake mounts figured out and then decide if I want to rake it or not. What do you guys think?

BEFORE
DSC00015-2.jpg

AFTER
IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Love the girder! does it fit the stock XS steering stem neck and and bearings and all?
Did you make your own fender brace/sissy bar?

The girder is an old P&P with a 1" stem. I used the 1" trailer (Harley) Bearings. I already had the tapered XS bearing kit in the neck. Went together smooth as silk with that combo of bearings and races. Actually picked up the sissy bar about 7 years ago at a bike swap meet.

Back