Here's my old '79, which was my main bike for a couple years, about 7 years ago. I had to work pretty much getting a few things squared away - mainly with timing and carbs, and then after that it ran GREAT.
289211[/ATTACH]"]
e0c3.jpg

Sweet. Is this a current pic?

Attachments

• e0c3.jpg
    e0c3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 1
oh, no - sadly. I sold it about 6 years ago. To get an SV650. Wish I had room to keep all my ex-bikes! It sure ran well, in the end. I remember the 1st time I did a little mini-road trip on it. It rained all the way home. I kept thinking something was going to go wrong...but it just ran and ran and ran. Fast, too - at least as far as acceleration (within reason)

Here is a before and after shot of my '81 H. I have done all the work myself and as economical as I could. 11" rear shocks, new handlebars, went over the carbs, rattle can paint and bought a junk seat (to save my good one) and re upholstered it with a leather cover after I trimmed down the foam. I may have to do the seat again as when I put the leather cover on it shows every detail of the surface. I may need to put a thin layer of some factory foam over what I did and then put the leather on. I will eventually do a better paint job and I have to wait to put on new mufflers and maybe VM carbs with pods. It runs nice and I have 2 years before I retire and then maybe a brat job!

Attachments

• CYCLE 022.jpg
    CYCLE 022.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 650 pics 015.jpg
    650 pics 015.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 197
Thanks fellas, I appreciate the complements. Couldn't have gotten the bike to this point without a site like this.

The headlight is a Unity fog lamp that I found at a swap meet. I swapped the internals with a 4 1/2in bates style headlamp that I already had. Painted the glass yellow too.
xs650chopper546.jpg

Here's my '77 that I've had for a few months now. I'll eventually go a little farther with a cafe look but for now I just want to get it running right.
DSCN2956.jpg
DSCN2955.jpg
DSCN2957.jpg
DSCN2954.jpg

I sold this three weeks ago.

82hs%20018.JPG

And tonight it came back to visit.

82%20hs%20001.JPG

82%20hs%20002.JPG

82%20hs%20004.JPG

That's the builder Chase He built it for Jerry.

Back