That's a cool thing. BTW, the chop does look really good... :)
Btw, didn't mean to crap on the build itself by saying it was 'too nice to chop', at all.

If it makes everyone feel better, I kept all the stock parts for Gary, so he can continue restoring 650s
It makes ME feel better anyways! Good to see you on here Jerry, even if I got the first picture of your "runner" posted, grin.

My 75 I got a week ago

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 183
Here is my 77 after powder on the tank and side panels. Getting a lot of the parts on Saturday to get it running down the road. So excited!

Attachments

• 2011-11-05 10.54.44.jpg
    2011-11-05 10.54.44.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 216
Just the way I like 'em hobbes28: clean, simple, original.

Someday when I hit the Megabucks, I'm going to have to find a nice set of spoke rims for my Special.

bbillington, that one reminds me of my dad's old triumph chopper he had when I was a kid. His had 18" over forks. It was pretty sweet. I wish I still had a picture of it.

bbillington is that your bike? Um where do you put that chunk of 2x4 when you are riding? Seriously I might be afraid to really clamp on those dual front disks. I'd be worried that thin neck support would fold up like a cheap tent.

I strap the wood on my hip next to my sawed off double barrel shotgun.

It is indeed my bike though I did just get it. When I finish my a65 hard tail I'll tear this one down for cleanup, paint, polish etc. for now I will just ride it. It runs amazingly and pulls stronger than any of my other XS's from the past. I just wish I had specs from the rebuild as I really doubt it's stock displacement.

Only time it has made me nervous was catching air at 60 or so on a shitty section of DC "road" last night. Pucker factor was high.

A friendly caution; consider your engine oil level when the engine is tilted back like that. the dip stick is at the very rear of the engine. The XS depends at least in part on splash lube. I once owned a Honda 750 rigid chopper with 12" over forks, I got it nearly for free because oil starvation had destroyed the shell crank bearings.

Back