that bike is nice.. im doing a similar thing to my cb360. but primer red fisrt coat and then white second coat. then sanding off white to see primer red. but i like the simplisity of it. love the backyard built look.

I see the taillight or the seat has been changed on that one-- which is it? It appears to be a 80-81 Special with an earlier model taillight, does it have an earlier fender as well?

quite honestly i have no clue. from what i understand my gf dad had one and said it was all original except the handle bars. but im new to these style bikes. i took off the sissy bar also that it had.

It's an '83 with the rear replaced. Top hints the front rim and oh yeah those little side covers. Only the 82 and 83 had them and it ain't black('82) imho.

It's an '83 with the rear replaced. Top hints the front rim and oh yeah those little side covers. Only the 82 and 83 had them and it ain't black('82) imho.

Okay, just saw the lower side covers. One of mine is an '83 as well but I still have stock rear fender, grab bar and taillight. Your's has a much leaner/lighter look.

Hi all,
Thought I would show you my finished restoration (XS650 B). Everything is stock and she runs beautifully. Will be getting a Pamco soon.
Would like to say a huge thank you to all you guys who without your support and expertise
I would not be able to have got this far. This is a truly awesome site !

Attachments

• fin.jpg
    fin.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 243
  • finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 253
Hi all,
Thought I would show you my finished restoration (XS650 B). Everything is stock and she runs beautifully. Will be getting a Pamco soon.
Would like to say a huge thank you to all you guys who without your support and expertise
I would not be able to have got this far. This is a truly awesome site !

The force is strong in this one.

I had pictures up in the last XSOTM contest, but never put any here, and I just found this one which I though was pretty cool:

full

i really like this one! what seat is that?

Posted via Mobile
Thanks gggGary and deadchef, I've been working on it for quite a long time. But the seat is custom made of a piece of (3mm) sheet metal I had and a seat tailor had I stitched up for me. I attached the seat by using one of the old stock hinges. If you want I could send you some pics of the seat? / dave, Sweden.

Back