Poofish. I good friend of mine made the yokes/triple trees.
He's a engineer and does some lovely work.
http://www.bespoke-bits.co.uk
Here's a couple more pictures

IMG_20120722_192525.jpg

IMG_20120722_193106.jpg

IMG_20120722_194419.jpg

Beginnings of my Voodoo Vintage MK4. Just got my 7 West fender in courtesy of an XS650.com member and the headlight is a laboratory test sample of a PER-LUX 200-T stainless fog light. It's mounted to a 120-12v power block to allow it to be plugged into the wall for test purposes. Was circulated around different States back in the 60's to get certification for the fog lights. Got the photos and all the letters from the 50 States with the light at a flea market for $20.

Contacted the company to see if they wanted it all back, but never heard from them. So on to my bike it goes :)

Attachments

• 2012-10-27 14.06.59.jpg
    2012-10-27 14.06.59.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 199
Yeah, it's been a long time coming - still acquiring bits and pieces.

Need to do a big order with Monster Craftsman for things like the brake pedal kit, footpeg mounts maybe, seat kit etc.

And I'm hoping to do a springer front end with David at Voodoo. I have stock XS forks kicking around, but they'd need to be severely shortened and I really want something different on the front end of this.

I have TT500 wheels already for the bike - 18 rear, 21 front both with drums, stainless spokes and alloy rims, and AVON Speed Master / Safety Mileage tires ready to mount. Likely going to powder the rims/hubs in antique white, and figure the rest out as I go.

Nice! Question: Those pipes, GS? Does the wrap do a good enough job of stopping your leg getting toasted?

thanks, the pipes do sound amazing. They have a real low..dare i say harley like sound. The titanium wrap does a really good job keeping the heat down. Plus its hard to tell in the pictures but the pipes to have a slight roll inwards so burning my legs has not been an issue at all.

Here's a few pics of my 650's.
Picture101.jpg

This is my 73 street tracker/vintage racer/track day bike/ice bike. I bought it about around 10 years ago after an eccentric uncle left it at the family farm in 78. We cleaned the points in it and it started up. It has tx 750 carbs and a old 2 into 1 header with a H-D collector on it. Runs great and doesn't shake!
Picture081.jpg

Here's the new frame for the tx engine. The day we took the picture above a casual aquaintance watched us ride it and mentioned he had a Trackmaster frame he might sell. I gave him my # and a year later got a call. I went and looked at it and had a new frame in my van before he could change his mind. AS you can see from the pic the wife needed time to warm up to the idea:shrug: {Plus it was about -15 out so she was like "take the damn picture!!"
Picture103.jpg

Picture080.jpg

The last one I picked up this summer because the price was right and I loved the pipes and wanted a 650 to ride on the street. The seller was simplifying his life and I was complicating mine. As you can see the wife had second thoughts about this one also :banghead: I just tell her when I die she'll have more to sell:laugh: This actually shakes more than my 73 and it's noticeably slower. I'll be putting my 73 wheels and rear swing arm on it because I'm not a fan of the 16" rear wheel. It's just kind of thrown together but it runs fine. It just needs some TLC

Here's mine (more in my album and thread - UK Street tracker).
full
[/IMG]
full
[/IMG]

Nice looking bike, I was talking to somebody the other day who is fitting a similar looking swing arm to yours, he was concerned about chain clearance where it is so deep on the arms, have you had any issues with this? what size front sprocket are you using?

Nice looking bike, I was talking to somebody the other day who is fitting a similar looking swing arm to yours, he was concerned about chain clearance where it is so deep on the arms, have you had any issues with this? what size front sprocket are you using?

The FZR s/arm took a bit of trimming to get it into the frame (which meant modifying the bearings), but i have kept the plastic chain runner that sits on top of the arm, just needed to again trim it to fit. I am running a 36-tooth rear sprocket
full
[/IMG]
which is the smallest I could go whilst retaining the mounting locations on the fzr hub
full
[/IMG]

The front is a 17-tooth that is welded to an old front sprocket that has been ground down to clear the new 520 chain that I am running.
I read somewhere on the forum that if you go down to a 17 on the front that you can no longer use the original XS guide plate that sits over the shift shaft... I tried this but the chain fouled on the top of the shaft. So I made an outrigger bolt to replace one of the starter motor cover bolts and managed to squeeze the guide back in place. Works a treat.
BTW, I see you are in Somerset - I am only in Mid Devon (Crediton area), so you're welcome to come and have a look:thumbsup:

17 is the stock front sprocket size to my knowledge - I've run one on both a 1978 and 1983 engine with the stock guard on the shifter mounted normally. Going down on the front would make it smaller and actually provide additional clearance I would think.

I'm glad you posted the pics of your 36t sprocket. I'm in a similar situation, using a TT500 rear wheel on an XS based rigid. It has a 44t sprocket on it, with a very large radius mounting surface like you have there. Did you have the sprocket custom cut?

I've had one done by Rebel Gears but it's just a flat surface, not thinner in the mounting area like yours.

17 is the stock front sprocket size to my knowledge

Yup, oops on my part. I am running an 18-t up front (which is indeed a larger diameter than the 17 - doh!).
I had the sprocket mad up by these guys http://www.sprocketsunlimited.com/Sprockets.html their service was excellent and price was ok too- about forty quid plus postage, less than 2 week turnaround.
I found these guys AFTER having been completely burnt by a company called moto racing who advertise on the net. Paid money, heard nothing, chased, nothing, searched for any other references on the net and found a string of m'cyclists who have been ripped off in a similar way - stay well away from this company!

Yeah, funny, I was just looking around at different ideas to use this TT500 wheel, but push come to shove I have a stock XS wheel in the garage. I think I'm just gonna sell the TT wheel and buy an alloy rim from MikesXS and some new stainless spokes and lace up the stock rear hub.

Avoids a ton of silly axle diameter / sprocket size / alignment issues. I picked the wheel up for a decent deal given the alloy rim and stainless spokes, but the money I save on those isn't worth the hassle. Didn't think about sprocket size till just the other day.

Running an 18 would be like removing 3-4 teeth from the rear, so I'd think you'd be better off with the 18 given your larger rear sprocket.

Back