just finished this one . . .

from this:
Abeginning.jpg

to this:
ok2.jpg
I likes. What kind of struts are those?

Here is my new roommate. I have been riding her for a season now. 1st bike love it. I have so many plans for her I can't stop drawing cool shit. These shots show when I bought it through me starting to learn a bit and tear it apart a bit.

Attachments

• bike_fromMike.jpg
    bike_fromMike.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 299
  • my_bike from Mike2.jpg
    my_bike from Mike2.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 333433_10150993392685606_1399382796_o.jpg
    333433_10150993392685606_1399382796_o.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 266
Sorry I have been away. But yeah follow my posts I just put a few originals up. The guy I bought if off of did a lot of work on her. It's been running great. I have a different look in mind obviously, but that the fun part right. [j]

Been doing a bit of re working on the ol' XS2. New Paint, in the process of finishing a high side pipe setup, dual sport tires en route, dampener and taper bearings waiting, also going to fab out some mini case guards and skid pan. Think this will be the anti cabby city run about.

Here's it as of today.

20121103_163551.jpg

20121103_163320.jpg

Sgt Hollywood, Your bike looks good man.How you doing in New York?

Oh just fine, I'm on high ground and never lost power. Mostly just work rescheduling and hosting people put out from lack of power. Thanks. The time off gave me a little break to do some back alley tinkering..

Really like the tank - mind if I ask what it's off?

Throw some Shinko 705 tires on that thing - will really make it look like the urban assault vehicle it seems to be :)

Been doing a bit of re working on the ol' XS2. New Paint, in the process of finishing a high side pipe setup, dual sport tires en route, dampener and taper bearings waiting, also going to fab out some mini case guards and skid pan. Think this will be the anti cabby city run about.

Here's it as of today.

20121103_163551.jpg

20121103_163320.jpg

Really like the tank - mind if I ask what it's off?

Throw some Shinko 705 tires on that thing - will really make it look like the urban assault vehicle it seems to be :)

Tanks off a Hodaka Ace, and it's got a set of Kenda761s en route for it. Should toughen it up a bit along with the soon to fab mini case guard.

Black 78 & white 79 both are mono-shock.

Attachments

• 2xs6503.jpg
    2xs6503.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 2XS6504.jpg
    2XS6504.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 242
  • 2xs6501.jpg
    2xs6501.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 253
Drop seat hardtail just got done last month
4C56FCD3-BC45-43A2-A51B-ED2D5B8609BF-871-000000E855C4E3ED.jpg

She's in the garage now (snow is falling already) and I'm working in my truck now but I have some plans for her before spring
Frost on the tire :mad:
96EF75C2-21C4-46EE-A3E6-D0B4ADB4BBF2-871-000000E85C29870D.jpg

Here is my almost complete (awaiting braided brake lines/safety check/registration) 76 C. Its been a 6 month project and for my first bike and first attempt at something like this Im pretty happy with how its turned out.

full

full

The frame/wheels and bars were powder coated,
the tank was sprayed in a Rizzla Blue rattle can by myself - 3 tins of colour and 6 tins of clear with a rub back between each few coats (I challenge you to find a flaw in the paintwork on the tank), hours of time in spraying and rubbing back,
the seat is the original still with the hinge and lock, just be cut down a bit and repadded/covered,
new lights etc,
I drilled the rotors which was a time consuming job but I think it looks good, and
the last hurdle was the wiring - I bought a new stock harness from mikes, spat the dummy when I couldn't figure it out, read and re read the wiring diagrams forum, studied countless diagrams and then said bugger it, I'll learn and do it from scratch - now I know exactly how it all works and exactly what each wire is for. mounted the key switch off the new battery box and have the wiring running through a fuse block which is all easily accessible when opening the seat.

I found the majority of my knowledge gained over the course of this project wasn't from the manuals I bought but from this forum, so thanks to all those who post and continue to answer questions - it's got me to where I am with this bike today.
Cheers

LJ

Nice bike LJ. The short rear fender makes it look like you raised it 2" with the shocks or did you? Where did the graphics come from and what does the small lettering say?

Cheers for the compliment weekendrider, the shocks are about an inch higher than the stock, I guess the short fender adds to the look of making it appear taller. The lettering is a font off ms word on vinyl by a local sign writer and the small font says XS SIX FIVE ZERO.

Here it is my pride and joy!

XS1.jpg

Well it's not my pride and joy yet but it's what I've just bought, hopefully it'll look alot better by the spring ;)

Back