Welcome sophiawhite, nice bike. Guess you don't need anything bigger to get from one side of the country to the other, bike would just be warming up when you got there :wink2:
Click onto the links in the orange tool bar, There is a sister site for the XS400.com

I am just finishing up my XS650 Vermont Backroads Special.... Have had a blast doing the project, and the 3 miles I have put on it (up and down the street this winter when the snow went away for a bit) are making me anxious for a good ride!

SDC11668-M.jpg

SDC11670-M.jpg

SDC11674-L.jpg

I wrote up a thread (with lotsa pics) about the build on ADVRider, which is where I mostly hang out... but I gotta say that I had a helluva lotta help from y'all here.... THANK YOU!!

Just read through the thread on the advrider site, nice job. Too bad the oven wasn't large enough for the frame but the paint came out great without the powder.

I had some graphics made, but the color wasn't quite right, so they are re-doing it for me.... should look something like this with matching blues.....

SDC11600-M.jpg

It won't be long now! Everything is painted, engine is done, wheels ready and just put back together the springer front end. (after it was painted) Did my first time lapse video to get ready for the big time lapse video of the reassembly.:thumbsup:

Here are two quick videos of the paint job and springer front end.

Really was hoping to get the bike in for the Low Side show this coming weekend. I'll be there but unfortunately the bike will not.:doh:

Hope to see and meet some of you there.

Attachments

• 408418_10151647513239018_1118952062_n.png
    408418_10151647513239018_1118952062_n.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 187
I am just finishing up my XS650 Vermont Backroads Special.... Have had a blast doing the project, and the 3 miles I have put on it (up and down the street this winter when the snow went away for a bit) are making me anxious for a good ride!

SDC11668-M.jpg

SDC11670-M.jpg

SDC11674-L.jpg

I wrote up a thread (with lotsa pics) about the build on ADVRider, which is where I mostly hang out... but I gotta say that I had a helluva lotta help from y'all here.... THANK YOU!!

Nice bike! I checked out your whole build on AVrider too. I am new to motorcycles and just picked up a 78 XS650 Special. I need to get my liscense this spring. I live on Aquidneck Island too, in Middletown. If you are willing maybe I could ask you a few questions about the bike rebuild when I am ready to start doing mine. At this moment it is not running, no spark. I just need the time to start working on it.

Looks Like I will be bringing the bike to the LosSide show this weekend in MD. It will not be fully done but would love to have you stop by and say hi. We will be in the swap meet side in a booth.

More progress on the bike yesterday but sad to say it will not be 100% complete for the LowRider show tomorrow. The bike will be at the show over on the swap meet side.
Stop by, love to exchange some stories.

Great ride, Moss Vale, Kangaroo Valley, Berry Mountain, Kiama, Macquarie Pass and back to Moss Vale.
Google the route, one of the favourite weekend rides south of Sydney

Attachments

• XS vs Duke.jpg
    XS vs Duke.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 288
Back