This summer before leaving on a 1500mi. trouble free road trip into Appalacian mountains. :bike:

459-1_zpsf33caae1.jpg

i think there is a bad ass resto under all that luggage. it's like cindy crawford in a burkha! lol!

Thanks
Not a resto, I got really lucky and found an original bike that had been in dry storage since '81. Just polished it up and serviced it. There was a Honda CB350 right next to it.
Story goes two brothers bought the bikes new and rode them for a couple of years, then lost interest. 7500mi on it when I got it.

First build/bike all done. Every day from this point on is another day enjoying the last 11 months hard work.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 291
First build/bike all done. Every day from this point on is another day enjoying the last 11 months hard work.

very nice! not usually a fan of the brown color seats but the color scheme of the bike it works well. how did you get the lettering on the tank? painted or sticker?

cheers deadchef, yeah I too wasn't a fan of the brown seats, but when I put a number of colour panels together I liked it. the lettering is a font I chose vinyl cut by a local signwriter. it's under the clear coat.

It's been a long time since I've posted a photo of my nearly complete 73 TX650 'brat-ish' project... currently on wiring... Cheers from Austin! :bike:

Attachments

• IMG_20130221_130247.jpg
    IMG_20130221_130247.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 200
Here's my budget rat-tracker. I have ridden it for about five years, and have about $600.00 into it. She's a '74 TX. This winter she got a Mike's oil filter/cooler outfit, new sump filter, 17/32 teeth sprockets, X-ring chain, new throttle sleeve, stainless lines, and a fairing/headlight unit from a GPZ550. I want to add a few gadgets for GPS mount & volt gauge this summer. I added all LED signals & LED brake/tail lamp, all Grote heavy truck stuff. This meant wiring in separate L/R signal indicators, luckily $3 at a Guido tuner shop will buy a set of LED washer nozzles. Supertrapps from a donor Sportster, and K&N filters help it breathe, while coils from a pair of Dodge Ram 1/2-tons with ballast resistors make up for still having points. The seat is being re-worked this spring as well. Now, if the snow will screw off, the hijinks can ensue.
I just wish the kickstand was slightly less horrendous, but...

Attachments

• Photo0074.jpg
    Photo0074.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 243
My cafe-ish project. Needs some finishing up, you can tell by the snow in the pic(taken today) prime riding season isn't quite here yet any how.

It is a mostly original 72.

Attachments

• 0226131115.jpg
    0226131115.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 360
Back