http://www.xs650.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1501&pictureid=11879sorry ive been here learning and reading but haven't stop to really look around and post pic so here we go my buget brat
full
full
picture.php

Hey guys....been a while.....was diagnosed with type 2 diabeties so have been very busy getting my sugars in check.....anyways ...been feeling better and the future is looking pretty good thanks to me finally starting my build....was reading a thred on here about vin numbers....now the way I had understood it was because the numbers start at 000101 that anything after was 1970 and anything before was 1969 and now I am reading otherwise.....am I right or wrong?....if this is the case though.....WOW what a thrill because my vin is 00029x....here she is

PS....This bike may end up going for sale......

Attachments

• 20130313_1.JPG
    20130313_1.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 192
hey majikman, hope you keep on feeling better. I know personally that it's a bummer when health issues keep you from feeling good enough to do what you love to do. Good luck with your bike and the mysterious VIN #. :)

Thanks dude........and as for the mysterious vin......I don't know......unless someone can prove to me otherwise.....my bike is a 1970....seen a picture of a 69 and the speedometer was molded into the headlight bezel....similar to the older 60's Yamaha's so ...I don't know:banghead:....lmao

i will for ya tonight when i get hope.. keep in mind i didnt make a coushion for it yet haha. im riding aluminum plate only at the moment

phone 112.jpgheres what i built two years ago..(on a budget)...just tore it all down for a rework and put in more money i wont get back out of it........xs its kinda a drug

Attached is a picture is of some of friends 650s. Some of these are long gone new ones being built.

Attachments

• josh garret 650s.jpg
    josh garret 650s.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 190
ok, just purchased this yesterday. Not sure exactly what I am going to do with it but will get some ideas from all of you I am sure. It runs like a clock, just want to do something different with it. I have restored two Honda CL77 305 Scramblers and this may sound strange but want something unique---those you take apart, do the necessary stuff, and put them back together the same way they came apart. I want something unique---ideas?

thinking cafe or maybe even flat, street tracker.

Attachments

• yamaha 650.jpg
    yamaha 650.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 137
  • yamaha 650 #2.jpg
    yamaha 650 #2.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 133
ok, just purchased this yesterday. Not sure exactly what I am going to do with it but will get some ideas from all of you I am sure. It runs like a clock, just want to do something different with it. I have restored two Honda CL77 305 Scramblers and this may sound strange but want something unique---those you take apart, do the necessary stuff, and put them back together the same way they came apart. I want something unique---ideas?

thinking cafe or maybe even flat, street tracker.

Welcome... Nice bike... Both choice are great... Keep posting :thumbsup:

Back