photo_zps11ac1c88.jpg

Hi Koryrb,

I love the bike! :thumbsup:
Couple questions if that's ok.

How much drop in that thing?
Does the sidestand being that far back hold it up fine or does it feel a bit 'tipsy' ?
Does you left leg clear the exhausts fine with the forward controls?

Cheers,
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Another one lives.

82hs 001.jpg

Off the lift and out for a 25 mile test ride Yesterday.
Oops, missed tightening a valve cover. 11,000 miles not in too bad of cosmetic shape seems great mechanically. 155 both sides. Cylinder head re- torqued cam and valves set, carbs overhauled, push rod seal replaced. new brushes, new battery. some buffing done.
I have a paint set done,

xsdetails 008.jpg

waiting for a petcock rebuild kit, doing the front brake now.
I think it will be the wife's ride this year. 20 more hours of details and she should be able to take it to work.

PS the pull backs are staying, she LOVES them. :doh:

Here's my super clean '81 Special.

3c67396b-2677-4b86-9392-2c1d753300f0_zps4c217697.jpg

Can't claim any credit for the look, all work done by PO. Rear lowered, Ascot exhaust are the main things - and the things I'd like to change. It'll be getting Commandos and a standard-style bar immediately, and the rear suspension will be swapped out this summer. The seat is growing on me actually.

Here is my bike. This is the third version of the bike (earlier stuff can be found here). Updates for this summer include: rear wheel (RD400), Airbox, Seat and Tyres. Still a few things to do before I can go riding.

rullaa.jpg

Pekka

Thanks Tron! I'm waiting for the ice and snow to melt so I can test the grip of those TKC80 tires on gravel... :cool:

I've been watching your scrambler build. It looks great! Riding on dirt is much more fun than on paved roads.

Pekka

Back