Sorry for the hijack:redface: Have asked around today, and the folk I've spoken to* all said a klipe is a tell-tale or grass. So do results from an online search. The Dictionaries of the Scottish Language - www.dsl.ac.uk - is alone in giving the definition of a lean or emaciated person or animal so I think they must work from some academic ivory tower.

* frae a' the pairts o' Scotland ie all places
Thank you for the new word!

It's been the same once or twice in the past, for example, there's a brilliant Scots word driech which means dull and boring - it's mostly used about weather and means dull, damp, cold, might be some drizzle or light rain. But I came across an online definition which confidently told an unsuspecting world that driech is a Scots word for very heavy rain. That's nuts and IMO the person who wrote that has mis-understood the correct context.

The shortest Scottish pome...

Brief
Dreich
Breich

1694269922777.png

New family album pics ... easy as 1,2,3 ... :)

View attachment 252379View attachment 252380
2 out of three of my favourite Yamahas! I had a 1980 SR with wire wheels goldie exhaust"silencer" hoho and rearsets with standard bars. I covered 79000 miles on it and eventually, after 28 years faithful service, the frame rotted through at the headstock gusseting. It was either another SR or an XS when I was last in the market for a new(to me) bike. Cross drilling the swinging arm pivot and installing grease nipples stopped the swinging bearings from giving in too soon. The seat wore its way through the petrol tank twice and I lost count of how many times I changed the front and rear mudguards along with the front section of the exhaust system. I never had to push that bike anywhere and it kept its compression till I sold it on. In the early days someone told me that they suffered from top end oiling issues. Mine never did! Even after the high miles I put on it there was no sign of burning oil due to bore or valveguide wear. My 3rd favourite yamaha was the early FZ6 which had a detuned R6 engine hastily modified to fill in the mid range commuter role. As a mid range commuter it was crap but as a hooligan it was brilliant... just like riding a big two stoke!

Hey guys, got my first bike 4 years ago, a nice 77 tracker style. Had lots of ups and down but loved riding it. Came time to upgrade and came across a deal on a 2021 Enfield I couldn't pass up. Now it sits patiently waiting for the next ride. Really appreciate all of the help over those years.

Attachments

• Fresh bike '23.jpg
    Fresh bike '23.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Broken in 2023.jpg
    Broken in 2023.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 52
Hey guys, got my first bike 4 years ago, a nice 77 tracker style. Had lots of ups and down but loved riding it. Came time to upgrade and came across a deal on a 2021 Enfield I couldn't pass up. Now it sits patiently waiting for the next ride. Really appreciate all of the help over those years.
What did you do with the XS?

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting @XsTony and his mate Mark for a chat and coffee in Devizes. Tony's rephased Ascot 840 is giving some vibration problems with the isolastic setup, which was really designed for a 360's vibes. Mark's bike is the lightweight 750, the other is of course mine.

Here's a few pics of our bikes in the marketplace:

20231014_105847.jpg
20231014_105739.jpg
20231014_105819.jpg
20231014_131837.jpg

Hopefully they didn't get rained on like I did on their way home! Damn thing needs cleaning, now ..... so today I took the SR out instead. A sunny day, you have to get out, don't you?

Cliff

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting @XsTony and his mate Mark for a chat and coffee in Devizes. Tony's rephased Ascot 840 is giving some vibration problems with the isolastic setup, which was really designed for a 360's vibes. Mark's bike is the lightweight 750, the other is of course mine.

Here's a few pics of our bikes in the marketplace:

View attachment 253279View attachment 253280View attachment 253281View attachment 253282

Hopefully they didn't get rained on like I did on their way home! Damn thing needs cleaning, now ..... so today I took the SR out instead. A sunny day, you have to get out, don't you?

Cliff
My goodness, theres been a lot of really nice work put into all three of those bikes. 🥰👍

I took a little ride over to my brother's farm then down to the lake shore for some hi res pictures for the calendar master to chose from. I figured while the phone was in hi def mode I should get the two girls together. I had to crop the image a bunch to get the file small enough to post. Now there's a "pair" to draw to.
tues30.jpg

I took a little ride over to my brother's farm then down to the lake shore for some hi res pictures for the calendar master to chose from. I figured while the phone was in hi def mode I should get the two girls together. I had to crop the image a bunch to get the file small enough to post. Now there's a "pair" to draw to.View attachment 253422
A cracking pair of boobies……err I mean beauties!
Nice one Kevin.

Back