Locally produced TV shows of days gone by.

There was a locally produced 'fright night' show late on Saturday nights when I was a kid. They showed the B&W horror and sci fi flicks from the 50's and 60's, it was the last thing broadcast. It then went to the National Anthem, then a test pattern (for you kids, here's a test pattern :laugh: ):

indian_h.jpg

then there was snow until 6AM when they started broadcasting again.

Ah yes, the late night alarm clock. If the National Anthem didn't wake you up, then the test pattern beep or hiss of the "snow" would. What a rude awaking. (so I've heard).

We had Captain Chesapeake here. It was actually a really good show. He was on between shows, like Scooby-Doo and others. It was good stuff.

Here's the intro

This is an interview with him. Good ole tv. He actually cared about kids and what they watched.

Here's one you might remember. It was actually a locally produced upstart empire. A station in Atlanta that eventually became Turner Network Television.

They would sort of parody the normal shows and segments of the day. Here's Brother Gold, the sign-off preacher. Bill Tush got his start there too, as a comic news reporter. The first time I saw it he was mercilessly harassing a new female reporter about 3:00am and I felt bad for her until I realized some time later that the show was a put on.

Back