Long kick time

Tia813

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
My right leg is taking a beating. I kick and kick and eventually run. It seems like it only does this when it sits for a while. The timing is spot on. Could this be a carb issue thats fouling the plugs? Thanks

Set up: Pamco/Banshee
Kick only
Tripple I battery
Straight pipe that has the "lolly pop" baffle
Standard spark plugs for now
VM Round slide with jetting issues
main--175
pilot--15
needle 6f4

By sits for a while, a few hours, a day, a few days, a week? Maybe check your battery voltage before trying to start, move your petcock to prime for a bit, to make sure there's enough gas in the float bowls.

Sitting for several hours. Didnt know the small battery mattered much since I have the Banshee swap. I did check it and was at 6v and drops ones the kill switch it flipped on. Does go up once the bike is running. Gotta see how to charge that little battery

I have noticed that some of the triple i batteries being sold lately have the same date codes as ones sold 2-3 years ago. I had a new one go bad only after a few weeks, and I checked it against my old one and the numbers were very close. I ended up using the capacitor that lowbrow sells and am much happier with the results. Maybe those tiny batteries don't work so well with the pma swap also?

Sorry I havent responded but yeah my voltage is at 5 and when I flip the switch it drops to 3v. According to Pete the coil needs 5v-6v.

Back