Look at this

Take Warning15

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll make this short. I started a new job last year at a school in an "at- risk" neighborhood in Brooklyn. I am teaching seventh grade US History this year. In addition, I am starting an Aviation Club to introduce students to the industry. Traditionally, African- American and other minority youths are unexposed to such a lucrative, challenging, and rewarding careers in the field. In my class, I will introduce them to several career paths including, pilots, engineers, and air traffic controllers. However, with funding the way it is, I barely have any resources or supplies. I have started a Donor'schoose page to finance the club.

Please consider donating $10 to my classroom. If you contribute within the next 6 days and enter the code "SPARK" at checkout, Donorschoose will actually match your contribution!

Today, there is so much emphasis on testing and numbers that students do not get any time to actually have fun at school. My class will change that. With your help, students will build and fly their own kites, hot air balloons, gliders, airfoils, etc. and will learn science in the process!

Visit: http://www.donorschoose.org/ampstud...share-2015-08-teacher_profile-teacher_2997757

Thanks for your help,

Seth and AMP students

Attachments

• AMP INtrepid.jpg
    AMP INtrepid.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 145
I know that everyone has their hand out these days, but this project will truly make a difference. If the project is not fully funded then I will not receive any supplies. If it is duly funded then I will be able to start the club. I tried the club as an after school program last year and it was so popular that I have been asked to run it first thing in the morning as an incentive for students to show up to school on time. Thank you again for your support.

Back