Wanted - Looking for 1-1/2 or 1-3/4 inch TT pipes

The Standard

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Looking for a set of open TT pipes, ideally in stainless steel for ability to polish as needed. Not head pipes but longer, at least 36 inches.

Would also consider the chromed ones offered once by the likes of MAC

Unfortunately Gary Hoos is no longer providing.

Last edited:
Are you using these on a Standard or Special? Center stand?

I really miss some of the products Gary Hoos offered. I could use a set of megaphones myself. That being said TT pipes are a easy build. I made this set for a build a couple years ago. Used 1 5/8" tubing so I could use the stock XS650 exhaust flanges. Equal length pipes came out to be 37 1/2" long and I angled them to exit slightly on the right side. The combo bends were bought ay Speedway Motors in Lincoln Neb. They would not have worked with a center stand and in my opinion they need a rubber isolator mount towards the rear of the pipes because of the vibration. When it comes right down to it, It was much easier to just send Gary Hoos the money and wait for his pipes to arrive. Good luck with your search.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• TT Pipes 004.JPG
    TT Pipes 004.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 30
  • TT Pipes 006.JPG
    TT Pipes 006.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 32
  • TT Pipes 008.JPG
    TT Pipes 008.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 31
  • TT Pipes 003.JPG
    TT Pipes 003.JPG
    338 KB · Views: 29
  • TT Pipes 009.JPG
    TT Pipes 009.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 35
  • TT Pipes 011.JPG
    TT Pipes 011.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 35
I really miss some of the products Gary Hoos offered. I could use a set of megaphones myself. That being said TT pipes are a easy build. I made this set for a build a couple years ago. Used 1 5/8" tubing so I could use the stock XS650 exhaust flanges. Equal length pipes came out to be 37 1/2" long and I angled them to exit slightly on the right side. The combo bends were bought ay Speedway Motors in Lincoln Neb. They would not have worked with a center stand and in my opinion they need a rubber isolator mount towards the rear of the pipes because of the vibration. When it comes right down to it, It was much easier to just send Gary Hoos the money and wait for his pipes to arrive. Good luck with your search.:thumbsup:
Yeah, I'm still mad at myself for not getting pipes from Gary before he stopped selling them. I guess I'll just build a set like you did. Where can I get some non-chrome, not too loud, megaphones?

Halfmile,

Nice looking work on the pipes. Two questions for you.

If I am intent on keeping the centerstand just capping length at 36” inches or less should allow or am I missing anything? Almost like the stock headpipe orientation.

On securing the pipes at the rear, I was just going to use “P” clamps and pick up a mounting point in area. So is there a need for rubber vibration containment? If so thoughts on DIY option from hardware store, Speedway, Summit Racing or the like?

I have used Speedway before.

Me Too!! I shoulda cashed in a CD and bought his whole entire inventory. No idea on the megaphones. Raw steel megaphones are what I need too. These are all I can find from NICHE cycle. No baffle but that`s OK because I`m all about loud.📣..$61.00 each and free shipping over $100.
ncs-00759.jpg

Halfmile,

Nice looking work on the pipes. Two questions for you.

If I am intent on keeping the centerstand just capping length at 36” inches or less should allow or am I missing anything? Almost like the stock headpipe orientation.

On securing the pipes at the rear, I was just going to use “P” clamps and pick up a mounting point in area. So is there a need for rubber vibration containment? If so thoughts on DIY option from hardware store, Speedway, Summit Racing or the like?

I have used Speedway before.
The "P" clamps will work just fine. Gary Hoos got me using the rubber isolators and they work good too. The big advantage of DYI is you can allow for the height (length) of the down tube and make the pipes exit where you want. Regular TT pipes run parallel under the center of the bike. You could put a bend in the rear of the pipes and exit them before the center stand and still have 36" pipes. The TT pipes I built are tucked in close to the frame down tubes as close as possible. Hoos TT pipes were further away from the frame. You could also make them far enough apart to change the oil without removing the pipes.:thumbsup:
DSCN0165-001.JPGDSCN0167-001.JPGDSCN0168-001.JPGDSCN0169-001.JPGpipe hangers 002.JPG

Me Too!! I shoulda cashed in a CD and bought his whole entire inventory. No idea on the megaphones. Raw steel megaphones are what I need too. These are all I can find from NICHE cycle. No baffle but that`s OK because I`m all about loud.📣..$61.00 each and free shipping over $100.
View attachment 244658
I really need something w/baffles. I wonder if Gary would sell us the specs/pattern for the pipes and megaphones? I have a chrome shop close by and they may be willing to de-chrome those megaphones.

I really need something w/baffles. I wonder if Gary would sell us the specs/pattern for the pipes and megaphones? I have a chrome shop close by and they may be willing to de-chrome those megaphones.
Go to Niche web site. They have others.

For what it’s worth, Gary did mention last week that his machinist friend was going to be carrying some of his stuff. Unfortunately not pipes. He said demand was not constant enough for the TT pipes.

Also Gary said could be reached through his Facebook page or e-mail for things like cams etc.

I’m waiting for his Shell #1 grind to restock.

Back