Looking for a left side carb 76/77

XS650D

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Not sure if the earlier or later carbs are the same.mine is on a rack (both carbs sync at same time)
Please advise if im wrong here. I dont need the float bowl,float, slide,diaphram or lid.dont even need the jets or needles, just the base body. I cant get my left carb pilot jet circuit to set properly.I think that the
inside is buggered up somewhere .I have read that the 76/77 carbs were notorious for the pilot air screw
if over tightened to throw off the tuning.Cant be fixed as far as I know. Ive put up with it for 5 years now
and just want it to run rite! I have to have the screw set almost 3 turns out to get it to run good other side 1 &1/4 turn out. The bad side can be turned out almost all the way til its almost falling out but the cylinder will still not falter or run rich. Normally I find that a 1/4 turn either way the cylinder will start to run ruff. The bad side will work correct turning in but turning out it docent seem to ever get to rich, the idle will speed up at around 2 .5 turns out and then no change regardless how far u turn out. Anyone have a spare carb body (left side) or know if this can be fixed . I have sonic cleaned, wires air compressor ect and no change .There are no air leaks anywhere. Ive tested it and I have a home made sync tool(oil in the hose ) and everything is even both sides .Thx for any advise

A '76-'77 carb body is all you can use. Earlier and later ones differ.

k Thx for info 5T
PS: Gotta post a pic of what I did on the rear muffler hanger brackets I installed.(previous thread)
My manifold pipes (Mikes) did not tip up enough and wasn't even close, drilled a new hole above the
foot peg mounting hole in bracket and was still really tight but forced fit, hope it dosent crack anything.
I ended up installing the rear foot pegs on the driver rear mounting bar/bracket.Seems to work and looks good.
Haven't tested yet! After looking I think the TX650/XS650 74/75 brackets look the same shape but hang approx 1 "
lower. If I come across a set cheap my give them a try!

Back