Looking for a reliable source for standard parts

Mitg

XS650 Member
Reaction score
First post. I am trying to get a 1979 650xsf up and running and need a reliable source for misc. parts.

Right now I am looking for 4 hole valve tappet cover gaskets (4 each) and fork wiper boots (2 each)

I have found this forum helpful already - fork oil thread) and am hoping for more help.

Thanks in advance.

TG

Welcome :)

For oem style parts you can't go wrong with 650central.com or MikesXS.net ( go with 650central first )...

For custom parts : lowbrow customs,,, monstercraftsman,,, tcbros...

I hope that helps :)

Hello and welcome. MikesXS.net and 650Central.com are the two main ones that come to mind. Also, oldbikebarn.com will often be able to pull you out of a pinch.

(Oops... cross posting with WC, sorry!)

TC

If you have OEM parts you need and mikes doesnt have or the quality isnt great, take a look at Stadium Yamaha.

Screw boats.net

You have no idea if the part you are ordering is in stock or not. So you are left to assume that if it lets you order the part - its available right ? WRONG.
I ordered two items. Three days later I got an email showing that one was back-ordered until the end of the week (no big deal), and the other was back ordered indefinitely. Ok - no problem...it happens right ?
So I go to cancel my order, and they refuse to refund the full amount; stating that I needed to pay a restocking fee on the item that was back ordered until the end of the week. WTF ? It didn't ship yet, hasn't gotten any where - yet they wanted to charge a restocking fee ?
Thankfully I paid with Paypal and they took care of it.

Asshats.

Thanks for the input. I am sure I will need more of your knowledge in the coming weeks and months. Thanks again!

Back