Looking for engine opinions

Not really a single bike in there thats my style. Although the Captain Jack trike did catch my eye!!! Now back to the matter at hand. There is a company on Ebay called Speedmotoco They are selling VM kits with K&N filters, intakes, and prejetted for $340. I'm sure some fine tuning will be in order though for your bike and altitude. I contacted them and they offer the complete line of Mikuni, so are willing to upgrade to the TM series.

I also contacted Jack from 650Garage and he will be doing my head porting and valve checking. It'll just be a matter of getting my crank to Hoos for the rephase and cam, and waiting for Mikes XS to get that big bore kit in!

Yamaman.........Those are not TMs,they're called RS series.At one time Mikuni did offer a pumper for the TMs. Don't get caught up thinking you need pumpers for the XS,the only time pumpers should be consider an option is when vacuum signal in the venturi can't draw enough fuel from the jets to prevent leaning out the mixture during cylinder filling on hard acceleration or an engine with very long intake tracks or a long armed motor.

Cheers Jack, that makes sense (though Kehin pumpers seem to be the hot set up for bikes like my TRX 850, though I don't know why)
I guess the carbs in the link are the old jobbies as they're listed seperate to th RS carbs.......... :cheers:

Not really a single bike in there thats my style. Although the Captain Jack trike did catch my eye!!! Now back to the matter at hand. There is a company on Ebay called Speedmotoco They are selling VM kits with K&N filters, intakes, and prejetted for $340. I'm sure some fine tuning will be in order though for your bike and altitude. I contacted them and they offer the complete line of Mikuni, so are willing to upgrade to the TM series.

I also contacted Jack from 650Garage and he will be doing my head porting and valve checking. It'll just be a matter of getting my crank to Hoos for the rephase and cam, and waiting for Mikes XS to get that big bore kit in!

You'll have to forgive me as your name didn't ring any bells till I read your PM:doh:,I left some info on valves and since you're a member here,we can just continue this discussion here if you wish.

That'll be great Jack. I'll look into the valves you suggested and see what I come up with. I've built a couple bikes over the years and couple cars, but have never personally dug into a motor. So I might have a small engine mechanic freind of mine, help with tear down. I'd like to get this head out to you right away.

Mikes does have them in stock, well there one shorter on the shelf now!!! I did the ole trick in the "shopping cart" in Mikes website and if you go over a quantity of 13, there backordered. So this means, he has 13 kits left

Back