Wanted - looking for first bike/project--engine/frame...

jgage916

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am looking for my first bike/project bike. The plan is a bobber, not hard tailed, thinking along the lines of brat style...to ride daily. Im really striking out finding anything within 6 hours or so from me. A complete running bike would be ideal, but im willing to start with an engine or frame. My only real hope is to find one that doesn't need major engine work. It will be a budget build for sure. At the moment i can't spend a lot but I'd love to scrounge some parts. Tax time im hoping to get everything I need before my wife finds something else to spend the money on. Just let me know what you have, engine, frame, sportster tank, etc. Ugly is great if its cheap, lol. Im in Walhalla SC, at the GA, NC, SC border. Willing to travel if the price is right

At the moment "will travel " is as far as Western. NC, Charlotte. NC, all of SC, Augusta to Macon GA to the Alabama/GA line and all of North Georgia, and Tennessee around the GA/SC/NC line. If I'm buying something that will fit in a VW Jetta (engine, parts, frame hanging out of the trunk, etc) I can travel farther .

Last edited:
Thank You for your response, if it wasnt hardtailed id make an offer, im wanting a daily rider and have a bad back, hard tail wont do it for me. Good luck selling it though!

I have a 1977 XS 650 D for sale Jackson Ohio on Craigslist Chillicothe Ohio 1500.00 runs good not pretty rode daily 13000 miles

Thank you. Come tax time i would already be on the road, or if you were closer You are over 7 hours away , and since it wouldn't fit in my wife's car I would have to drive my 9,000# dually, adding significant. cost . Thank you though.

Back