Looking for ideas regarding possible over-revved XS

I actually own a motorcycle repair shop... I’m not that familiar with this model.
They're rattley when they start up for about 30 sec or so. And after that sound a bit like tractors.. Since you have a good shop, maybe just tear it down. When it comes time to address the front cam chain guide maybe start a new thread about that to discuss options

PS a big ass #3 phillips screw driver is a great stethoscope tho I borrow my wife's on occasion.

That mileage is low but like I said, the front guide failure thing isn't really mileage related, it's an age thing.

I actually own a motorcycle repair shop, but turned to you XS experts for suggestions. I’m not that familiar with this model. So, I can rebuild the engine if needed, but looking for suggestions that might point me in the right direction. I have the shop, tools, skill, time is limited do to customer demands (others) Carb mixture is fine, odometer is a bit over 7000 miles.

5 T was quicker
OK that changes it .. that much metal after that short distance .. But it would surprise me if someone would be able to trash an XS 650 after only 7000 miles need to have problems between the ears.
Max rev at start up and so Not many buyers are that .
But as 5T says rubber and plastic can age.
That can be plan .Oil in and start and listening with the rod or other at the guide region
I do believe rubber parts sometimes could be found at the bottom .

Is it vibrating much . ?

I actually own a motorcycle repair shop, but turned to you XS experts for suggestions. I’m not that familiar with this model. So, I can rebuild the engine if needed, but looking for suggestions that might point me in the right direction. I have the shop, tools, skill, time is limited do to customer demands (others) Carb mixture is fine, odometer is a bit over 7000 miles.
That said, the sump plate comes off with six bolts. It has a screen mounted on it. Moe often than not, it’s torn. Oil passes through it to the oil pump mounted in the right side cover. From the pump, oil goes directly to the screen where you found the metal. If you’re making metal and the screen is torn, that debris is going to go through the oil pump.

Back