Looking for new throttle - not cheap reproduction.

bkaushansky

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for a low profile billet or steel throttle. Not a cheap repo or second rate chrome. Something like this or with even less profile.

large_294_beston-throttle-grip-set-photo-1.jpg

This is from lowbrow. For $18 is hard to believe its quality. Anyone bought one? How about TCbros version.

throttle.JPG

This one is for $32.

Also found a Douherty UK model.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GENUINE-DOHERTY-THROTTLE-7-8-BARS-no71-NORTON-/120668130099?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c18618b33

I got one of the repo ones from 650central and it sucks. I had to modify it quite a bit to get it to work with a stock throttle cable and even then it still didn't really work. Looking for a replacement myself at the moment.

That's what I'm talking about. Quality parts are hard to come by. I've done custom cables before, so I'm not worried about the cabling. Just want the metal parts to fit right and be "finished".

B.

I have the tc bros ones They look like the ones in the first pick probably the same I like them so far I just had to use my stock cable though I had to tap the hole it the throttle a bit bigger to fit stock cable

The tc one looks identical to the lowbrow one. The 14 dollar price difference is just a markup, not an increase in quality. Not all overpriced parts are actually better. I use a throttle from steadfast cycles.

Also used one from steadfast (looks the same as lowbrows) first one was broken during shipping and the second one broke while I was putting it on. Junk

I used the one from lowbrow and its worked just fine, but i had to file and and grind the plastic insides before it would move freely.

Last edited:
those first couple pics looks like the very cheap emgo brit style. Was thinking about getting one, but not now. Thanks for the heads up.

that throttle at the very top from lowbrow is a piece of shit!!! do not buy it. Its stiff non responsive potmetal chromed junk. You get what you pay for!!!! I ordered one and never sent it back. I would be embarrased to sell it

I got one off of an old suzuki dirt bike that had been sitting against a shed with vines growing all over the bike. A buddy picked it up and I snagged the aluminum throttle from it and it works great after a bit of cleaning.

The ones from dirtbikes usually are very good.

I got one off of an old suzuki dirt bike that had been sitting against a shed with vines growing all over the bike. A buddy picked it up and I snagged the aluminum throttle from it and it works great after a bit of cleaning.

Back