Wanted - Looking for newer style xs6450 crankshaft seal

bluexs650h

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I am working on replacing my crankshaft seal without splitting the case. I looked online but it appears that the newer style seal is out of stock. Does anyone know where i can find one?

Try 650central. if they are out as well you can buy the 10pc. main seal kit for $44 from Mikes or 650central. It might be your better option. I've bought seals here and there and wished I just bought the whole friggin kit. Because as old as these bikes are you don't know how long the other seals will last.

You looked online where?

Call your local Yamaha dealer. Pretty much all the engine seals are available new. That being said, the MikesXS kit contains the same seals for 1/2 the price, if you're buying the whole set. I had the MikesXS kit, and was convinced that buying OEM seals was a better route.

So I did that, spending $80 on a set of new seals from Yamaha. Turns out they're identical to the ones in the kit from MikesXS, down to the branding on the seals etc. No matter as I have another engine to build.

Invest in the kit as you'll have to replace your clutch rod seal, shifter seal etc. eventually.

Late last year I inquired to 650 central about the 10 pc seal kit as MikesXS was out. He told me back then if Mikes is out- he is out (which he was at the time)

Mharrington if you stiil need a crank seal I have 7 seals left out of the 10pc from MikesXS . I've used the cam seals and tach drive seal. The kit contains the crankshaft seal (alternator side), starter motor shaft seal, shift shaft seal, kickstart seal, electric starter motor to crank seal, transmission counter shaft seal, clutch pushrod seal (the worst leaking seal on the XS650. I'll sell all these to you for $21 plus shipping

Back