Looking For Old School Kick Start Lever and Pedal

Toms650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have a 75 bobber and would like to replace my stock kick start lever with an old school bobber style. I have seen the bear trap style and was wondering if there where another style out there to buy???

If so please let let me know

Please show pics if you have and website as well

Last edited:
I have heard of doing that but looking more for a type thats already completed and lets me change the pedal to different styles or colors.

Any other ideas out there?

You will see in the pic it's a stock lever and would really like to change it what I have describe above

Attachments

• Yamaha.jpg
    Yamaha.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 481
Hi Tom,
here's what I'd suggest you do.
Remove the nice kicker and carefully save it in case you change your mind.
Buy a beat up kicker from someone in the want ads.
Saw it off half way up.
Buy a bicycle crank and saw it off half way down.
Weld them together with a pipe sleeve joint.
thread in the bicycle pedal of your choice.

Hi Tom,
here's what I'd suggest you do.
Remove the nice kicker and carefully save it in case you change your mind.
Buy a beat up kicker from someone in the want ads.
Saw it off half way up.
Buy a bicycle crank and saw it off half way down.
Weld them together with a pipe sleeve joint.
thread in the bicycle pedal of your choice.
Great Idea any luck you know of anyone who has done this and selling them?

I modify stock kickers like this. the pedal isnt changeable to other styles though.
kicker123.jpg

I don't have one on my phone, but I'll try to remember to take one when I get home tonight. If you got to Jump Street Customs you can see what it looks like off the bike.
Cool just looked and I thinks thats what I am looking for. They dont show them for sale do you know where i can buy one?

sure, but i have no idea if other pedals would fit the spindle. that would be up to you to try.

I used to fix bicycles and the pedals all tend to be the same inside and if the new outer don't fit the old spindle you can still put the original back together, eh?
Anyone trying this, just like working on carburettors, take the kicker off the bike and work on it inside a big cafeteria tray.
Once all those little bearing balls fall on the floor you'll never find them again.

I used to fix bicycles and the pedals all tend to be the same inside and if the new outer don't fit the old spindle you can still put the original back together, eh?
Anyone trying this, just like working on carburettors, take the kicker off the bike and work on it inside a big cafeteria tray.
Once all those little bearing balls fall on the floor you'll never find them again.

those brass pedals have no bearings, just a hole for the spindle.

Back