Looking for pictures of your rear brake switch set up (Drum brakes)

Fings369

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I want to hack off the rear foot peg mounts but am in need of some inspiration on where/how to remount a brake light switch somewhere

Any thoughts?

What year is your bike, Fings? Mines a 75. We cut the passenger peg mounts off but left the right bottom long enough to include the spring catch for the brake pivot and the little bracket for the stock brake switch. Look close at this pic:

full

That's what I have right now, mines a 82 I've been thinking about getting one of those bolt on universal switches and hiding it right behind the foot peg mounts, just seeing what everyone else may have done

Here's a close up. Full disclosure - we actually cut off the section with the switch bracket and later realized we needed it! Had to go dig it out of the junk pile, cut it to length and weld it back on!

full

So I stole your picture and used hand dandy paint on the desktop to kinda try to portray what I'm envisioning, funny how I think about this stuff at work when I can't actually measure anything :doh:

So the white is where I'm thinking about mounting a switch, hoping the dotted lines are some kinda reference to the grey where the brake pedal "mount thingy," you know where the spring connects behind the foot peg mount.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• rear brake idea.jpg
    rear brake idea.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 263
I'm not sure I picture what you're doing? It would be nice to hide the whole affair - mine's kinda stickin out there. But I'm legal!

Back