looking for trailer hitch ideas, fab and install

If you need a trailer, just go buy a Convertible car... J/K - Kinda

The bikes I have ridden with trailers have really great brakes and are much longer than the XS650. Stability is an issue to consider with these short wheelbase bikes and adding any kind of weight that will want to "push" the bike around.

True, even in tractor-trailers, the longer road tractors are noticeably easier to drive than shorter tractors pulling the same trailers.

@Punkskalar aand BigJimmy, I maybe otta save the hardtailing till later. But a fat tire for stopping would be nice.

@Leo Thanks for pointing out the foot pegs. I was hung up on further back.

@Skull Thanks for pointing why the foot pegs would be better

@RecycleBill, I'll remember to watch where my tails dragging. It would be embarassing to get hung up on a light pole. If that happens you can bet I'll slap a Harley sticker on the tank REAL QUICK so as not to tarnish the XS.

@Purplezinger I'm betting it has the old ball type hitch. I'll look into the rod joint type.

The trailer is an early 80's model so is probably heavier than the newer ones. I will be pulling it home empty so the weight isn't a concern. May put a bag of sand in it if it gets to bouncing to much I guess.

Back