Lovely Fall Day

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
60º and sunny, needed to run to Wallaby World for ink cartridges for my printer. Been putting it off cuz I didn't want to waste the gas (50 mile round trip) just for that.

Decided it made a great excuse to take the bike. Dressed just right, lovely ride up Coastal Route 1, waved at a couple of other bikes, just really enjoying the ride, no cagers did anything exceptionally stupid.

Ditto the ride back.

Three different SUV's tried to run me over in the Walmart parking lot. Fortunately, I was prepared for that, just lumping along down the lane, plenty of time to stop for the folks that backed out in front of me, or turned left in front of me to grab a parking spot.

I was so buzzed from the ride up, I didn't even use any sign language, just smiled and waved, using all my fingers...

You gotta expect that when you are in a Walmart parking lot.:D

Glad you had a good day, that kind of day is going to be in short supply here in Ohio after today.

60º and sunny, needed to run to Wallaby World for ink cartridges for my printer. Been putting it off cuz I didn't want to waste the gas (50 mile round trip) just for that.

Decided it made a great excuse to take the bike. Dressed just right, lovely ride up Coastal Route 1, waved at a couple of other bikes, just really enjoying the ride, no cagers did anything exceptionally stupid.

Ditto the ride back.

Three different SUV's tried to run me over in the Walmart parking lot. Fortunately, I was prepared for that, just lumping along down the lane, plenty of time to stop for the folks that backed out in front of me, or turned left in front of me to grab a parking spot.

I was so buzzed from the ride up, I didn't even use any sign language, just smiled and waved, using all my fingers...

Sounds like a really fine ride. Not much riding up this way, we've had snow on the ground for about week now. Watch out for Sandy, she's coming your way.

You gotta expect that when you are in a Walmart parking lot.:D

Glad you had a good day, that kind of day is going to be in short supply here in Ohio after today.

One of the reasons I did it. Doubt we'll see many here either after Sandy.

Altho...this Spring, when I was first getting the bike on the road, I was riding in weather where I had to be careful about shady spots on the road...ice, ya know...:yikes:

Yeah we got our "last" warm day Wednesday, upper 70's, bud called and got me out. He was forced to ride a brand new (40 miles) dealer demo Victory so we swapped rides. My shadow had been rather neglected this year, spent more seat time on the 650's The roads were damp and lots of leaves on them, no heroic cornering feats! The vic was an OK ride but we both thought the shadow had better engine "feel".

shadowvic.jpg

pics is at a power plant cooling pond.

Back