Wanted - Lower engine case XS650

dreambdg

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want to buy lower engine case and the seller want ship the part to Indonesia... please PM me if anybody here want to sell the lower engine case, thank you :cheers:

I would like to pressure wash it, and the kick start is being removed, but it seems good. 1981 case.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Photo01-9.jpg
    Photo01-9.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Photo02-7.jpg
    Photo02-7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Photo04-6.jpg
    Photo04-6.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 77
  • Photo03-7.jpg
    Photo03-7.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Photo05-3.jpg
    Photo05-3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 62
I Apologize, I forgot I had drilled a small hole in the case to crack the case. It is in a spot that should not effect the case, but its up to you if you want it. This is the hole in the pic. :shrug:

Attachments

• 20140520_211025.jpg
    20140520_211025.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 81
A word of warning.

Cases are machined bored and matched with a number.

Buying a bottom case on its own and matching it up with another top case with a different number, means the holes wont match and will be prone to slight or massive leeks, depending on how bad the holes are out.

Its got to be Super costly to ship to that country from the US. You maybe better off trying to buy from someone overseas. Agree cases are matched set but it can be done.

Empty VERY bare set of cases, no gears, crank shaft etc?

shipped to;
JAKARTA BARAT, JAKARTA
INDONESIA 11560

In round numbers via the post office $300 USD to ship.
UPS is quoting $600 USD !

I am using 500cm x 500cm x300cm 20 kilos.

probably 3, 4 hours of labor and packing, plus packing material to get it on the way
Would have to remove the cylinder studs but can send them along.

so about $500 you pay any customs. etc.

Indonesia regulations say no used goods, not sure if that applies to motorcycle parts or not.

I sent a set of cases year ago to one of those countries and got burnt. There is NO tracking after its out of this country in some places. I could tell you the list but its not fare. My problem was shipped cases USPS and tracking stopped as soon as it got into that country and on there end they say it was picked up. That's it! Had to give money back because buyer said never got them. After breaking ball with post master on this end we did find out that it was picked up but name was not the same as buyer. So I still have a open claim and have no cases or all the money I put out. You have to know where how and if when shipping out of this country. There are so many GOOD Places and people that I met and became friends with overseas sales but when you ship as much as I did things are going to happen.

I would like to pressure wash it, and the kick start is being removed, but it seems good. 1981 case.:thumbsup:

thank you for your offer, but I just got it a few day back :)

A word of warning.

Cases are machined bored and matched with a number.

Buying a bottom case on its own and matching it up with another top case with a different number, means the holes wont match and will be prone to slight or massive leeks, depending on how bad the holes are out.

thank you for the info... I appreciate that :thumbsup:

Empty VERY bare set of cases, no gears, crank shaft etc?

shipped to;
JAKARTA BARAT, JAKARTA
INDONESIA 11560

In round numbers via the post office $300 USD to ship.
UPS is quoting $600 USD !

I am using 500cm x 500cm x300cm 20 kilos.

probably 3, 4 hours of labor and packing, plus packing material to get it on the way
Would have to remove the cylinder studs but can send them along.

so about $500 you pay any customs. etc.

Indonesia regulations say no used goods, not sure if that applies to motorcycle parts or not.

well what I can say, sometime I feel that regulation is suck, but you absolute right buddy... for some used part is not allowed in to Indonesia

I sent a set of cases year ago to one of those countries and got burnt. There is NO tracking after its out of this country in some places. I could tell you the list but its not fare. My problem was shipped cases USPS and tracking stopped as soon as it got into that country and on there end they say it was picked up. That's it! Had to give money back because buyer said never got them. After breaking ball with post master on this end we did find out that it was picked up but name was not the same as buyer. So I still have a open claim and have no cases or all the money I put out. You have to know where how and if when shipping out of this country. There are so many GOOD Places and people that I met and became friends with overseas sales but when you ship as much as I did things are going to happen.

it is often the case here, it is because the customs officer is sucks ... 1 month backward I experienced it, I buy stuff from eBay to this day still retained the Customs office center ... it is done because the customs officers wanted obtaining money, when it is so as a buyer I can only hope for good luck

That's what I heard, thus why I got another matching case for my build. If someone is willing to try unmatched, I won't stop them, just warn them. Thanks

Crankcase gak bisa masuk bro... Gw udah coba, ketahan di pasar baru akhirnya...
Kalo mau gw ada nih mesin kumplit.. Hehehehe

(sorry guys for using indonesian langunage)

Back