Wanted - Lowering blocks for a 1979 XS650F

I think he means the blocks that go on the lower end of the rear shocks to move the lower mount point further back for the shocks to lower the rear end for those of us with shorter legs LOL I had a set but it may have been on the 75 I sold a while back to a member in florida.

I had a very hard time starting the bike before I got the center stand out of the box and reinstalled it. Now easy peasy. Saves dragging out the bike jack so much too. :)

I've got a pair of those lowering brackets somewhere that I pulled off. They also make it harder to get the bike up onto the center stand.

have a couple of sets but I'm in oz ,but been down that road and found you have to buy a set of shocks as bottem mount is different (for u shape not eyelet shocks on my lowering blocks) but also found the rebel shocks so hard as almost riding a hardtail but other wise work well at lowering the seat but have to cut approx. 1 inch out of sidestand (don't have a centerstand)

I just scored a pair from Okie the xs650 addict. thanks okie and xs650.com!

I don't think that the ones i received will work on my bike. i think that there are two different kinds of rear lowering blocks. The ones that JC Whitney used to sell would fit my bike. Also I am getting used to the stock ride height and might not do anything else to the bike.

Back