Mad about Billy Lane.....

twowheelinjim

twowheelinjim
Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I was just wasting a few minutes at the local magazine stand and picked up a copy of Iron Horse. While thumbing through I came across a story of a motorcycle build in a prison. The builder was Billy Lane. They didn't mention his last name and he looked different with a hair cut. What pisses me off is he killed a fellow rider while driving a truck intoxicated with a suspended license. I believe he got six years for manslaughter. Our tax dollars are being spent so this ass could go on doing what he wants and we foot the bill. I don't know how anyone feels, but I don't have to like or support this.

Dude your late. I think he has been in Jail for two years already and if i am not mistaken that was not the first Drunken accident. BUT!!! don't judge the guy on his short coming. A lot of those guys that got on TV in that biker build off bullshit also had troubles. When big bucks broads TV fame come your way you too may end up being a asshole. Dude built nice bikes that i was able to see and for that he's good in my book. Looks like he never took advantage of other like those AH on tv now.WHAT MAG would like to see it.

I just read about the case (I hadn't really paid attention to it years ago) and he got 6 years locked up and also loss of license for life.

That last little bit is what I like to see. We need more of that.

~ Derek

I just read about the case (I hadn't really paid attention to it years ago) and he got 6 years locked up and also loss of license for life.

That last little bit is what I like to see. We need more of that.

~ Derek

Whaddaya bet it don't keep the dirtbag from driving when he gets out? Sure hasn't helped around here.

I don't personaly hate the man, but his actions. Getting propelled into the spotlight like he did was, I'm sure very demanding and hard on him but he killed a man while in a drunken stupor. He is in a way redeeming himself by teaching inmates how to weld and work with metal but it should not be featured in a magazine taking up space where other folks could be demonstrating their talents for others to see. In my opinion, he needs to finish out his sentence and move on with his life. Hopefully, he will be accepted back into the motorcycling community and continue to build wonderful bikes again.

actually if you read Horse Mag... he is Building it fully funded by outside sources. they have been covering it for the last 3 months and he is using this to teach other inmates how to use tools and the proper procedures in bike building .. it was to be unveiled today for Rolling Thunder and help support our vets .. i think he is doing the stand up thing by taking his time like a man . he has plenty of money to of bought his way out if thats what he choose..

I think you're right pratstyle, and as a vet I appreciate his efforts. I just feel that the pages of Ironhorse could be better used to feature other talent that has not killed a fellow bike rider because of poor judgement. He is serving time and I hope he can clear his consience. I imagine that with enough money he could of made his sentence much lighter but there is no amount of cash that can clear a bad consciense. He is a smart man and I think he knew this. We all make mistakes but it's how we react to the situation or the outcome that sets us apart. If I caused a man to die by my irresposible actions or stupidity on my part, I don't think I could go on living.

"I drive by the spot where I killed him everyday. My motorcycle, at least for the last 20 months I've had my license back, and I've had to think about what happened and I look up to the sky, pray to God for his soul and for his family," Lane said.

"I made the single most irresponsible decision in my life and it cost another man his life," Lane said.

Two quotes from Billy Lane himself from 2009 before sentencing.

What mag is the bike in HORSE? I met Billy Lane twice and the first time was at Indian Larrys Funeral in Brooklyn. There are so many people killed every year by cars with drunk drivers and it is going to happen over and over again because all these AH politicians think that its ok to have people drink but WEED is a NONO. Billy to me when i met him was your tipical Out law biker ride hard drink hard but was a very nice guy to talk to. When you live that outlaw life style things happen and sometimes for the bad. The guy did the stand up thing and is doing the time so if hes building a bike to be sold for good SO BE IT. Everyone makes mistakes and this one will be with him for the rest of his life. Just being in prison is bad for any time.

Yes its in Horse.. been an ongoing article over the last few months. Hard to recognize him .. shaved head.

Posted via Mobile

Gentlemen, I would not want to stand judged today by all my past transgressions. That is God's alone to do. To the unrepenting, I say Fuckem. To those of us who have screwed up royally in the past and affected those around us for life, and are trying to make amends, I say keep on trying. I have never killed a human being through my ignorance OR stupidity, and I do hope I have grasped the wisdom that will keep me from doing so for the rest of my days. I suppose if God forgives you, it makes not a shit what a man thinks of you.

Last edited:
Don't know, but one of them has to live with it. I can't imagine having to come to terms with having needlessly killed someone. Hard enough to do when it's justified. I hope he does his time and gets out and is able to influence some of the (sorry brothers) dumbasses that are running around out there on 2 wheels, buzzed, drunk, high, and just plain stupid.

Back