Mailman’s Suzuki C50 Boulevard

I lost my sheep skin air cushion (for the last time) on a BMW ride last fall. even with a string it left hte bike when I stood up to "air things out" and change muscle positions while going through a town on a camping trip, was 20 miles later before I realized it was gone and didn't go back. That thing had 10 years and 10's of thousands of miles of butt time on it. Inside the zippered sheepskin was a cheap walmart neck pillow. It replaced "gel" pads which IMHO were worthless. Like mailman just enough air to keep your butt bones from contacting the seat, guess I'll have to find a replacement.
For cooler weather I have a set of bicycling winter "bibs" with a butt pad coming. Will be interesting to see how they work both MC and E-bike. The guy with the Sondars E-bike was receptive to my offer but the bike seems to be in limbo somewhere tween here n Texas... :cautious:

Last edited:
I lost my sheep skin air cushion (for the lasat time) on a BMW ride last fall. even with a string it left hte bike when I stood up to "air things out" and change muscle positions while going throug ha town on a camping trip was 20 miles later before I realized it was gone and didn't go back. That thing had 10 years and 10's of thousands of miles of but time on it. Inside the zippered pad air was a cheap walmart neck pillow. It replaced "gel" pads which IMHO were worthless. Like mailman just enough air to keep your butt bones from contacting the seat, guess I'll have to find a replacement.
For cooler weather I have a set of bicycliing winter "bibs" with a butt pad coming. will be interesting to see how they work both MC and E-bike. The guy with the SondarsE-bike was receptive to my offer but the bike seems ot be in limbo somewhere tween here n Texas... :cautious:
That parallels my experience with sheepskins and other types of pads.

I cannot seem to keep them in position as a wiggle around a fair bit while I ride. Perhaps having something sewn right INTO the seat of my riding pants would be the way to go.....

Today was service day for my Suzuki 🙂
So before I began I took her out for an hour long ride. Left the house at 8:00 AM it was 41 degrees with a light cloud cover. Here is a rather clumsy video of my bike starting up this morning. I forgot that I had to pull the clutch in to start it. 😁

Then I pulled it in and drained the oil from the motor and rear differential.
IMG_9426.jpeg

The oil that I drained out looked just about as clean as the oil I replaced it with! And check out the magnet on the drain plug, not a speck of metal on it. New bikes sure are different that way.
IMG_9427.jpeg

I decided to pop for full synthetic this time around. We will see if I notice any difference over the semi synthetic Suzuki brand I used last time. And some fresh gear oil for the rear. You’re not required to change the differential oil at every oil change but it’s such a small amount of oil, it’s silly not to.
IMG_9428.jpeg

I’m stopped for lunch right now. Later I’ll go back out and check my air filter and tires and start my bike up to check for leaks. Fun fact: My highway bar makes it impossible to remove my oil filter from the frame, until I unbolt the bottom and swing it forward. :shrug:

Today was service day for my Suzuki 🙂
So before I began I took her out for an hour long ride. Left the house at 8:00 AM it was 41 degrees with a light cloud cover. Here is a rather clumsy video of my bike starting up this morning. I forgot that I had to pull the clutch in to start it. 😁

Then I pulled it in and drained the oil from the motor and rear differential.
View attachment 257236

The oil that I drained out looked just about as clean as the oil I replaced it with! And check out the magnet on the drain plug, not a speck of metal on it. New bikes sure are different that way.
View attachment 257237

I decided to pop for full synthetic this time around. We will see if I notice any difference over the semi synthetic Suzuki brand I used last time. And some fresh gear oil for the rear. You’re not required to change the differential oil at every oil change but it’s such a small amount of oil, it’s silly not to.
View attachment 257238

I’m stopped for lunch right now. Later I’ll go back out and check my air filter and tires and start my bike up to check for leaks. Fun fact: My highway bar makes it impossible to remove my oil filter from the frame, until I unbolt the bottom and swing it forward. :shrug:

Looking at our post on my phone this morning, I to thought you posted a spark-plug pic by mistake:umm:

Back