For Sale - Makuni vm34 carbs

Mendez78

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hello guys, so here you have a nice clean set of
Makuni vm34 carbs very clean only installed and not ran to long on the bike Looking to get my money back barley used $375 obo plus the ride everything in box is included cable intake manifolds let me know if interested (516)343-4008
A574C318-A0BC-43E6-A3EC-4EC98C750BB8.jpg
45561FDE-53FD-4916-9F80-8B5B262C7E47.jpg

154345C8-FABA-497B-BE75-99711CBBED3A.jpg

it took a while to find, but ebay had a set of 34 Mikunis for a 650 Yamaha (right and left) brand new in Sudco box for $155.00
. Just sayin'
Your a lucky man! I looked and looked and the cheapest I was able to find them was for over $400. so that being sad I'm not going to give them away sorry!

What jets are in them. Some that are sold on EBAY have 260 main jet for dirt bikes and needle tube wrong for XS650. I had this problem before from a company that sells cheap on ebay and could not get them to work. So I sent them to Sudco and they informed me on the issue and got me the right parts. So $200.00 carbs ended up costing me money and time way more than the cost. Mikes out west is the best guy to buy these from he knows them and they are setup to work out of the box.. Air orfice tubes different on these beware.

What jets are in them. Some that are sold on EBAY have 260 main jet for dirt bikes and needle tube wrong for XS650. I had this problem before from a company that sells cheap on ebay and could not get them to work. So I sent them to Sudco and they informed me on the issue and got me the right parts. So $200.00 carbs ended up costing me money and time way more than the cost. Mikes out west is the best guy to buy these from he knows them and they are setup to work out of the box.. Air orfice tubes different on these beware.
To add to that, if your looking in the Midwest Gary at Hoos racing also sells them to work for the 650. At a slightly better price I might add...

To add to that, if your looking in the Midwest Gary at Hoos racing also sells them to work for the 650. At a slightly better price I might add...
@figure8 Gary hoos sells them on eBay for $395 plus $21 for shipping so that puts you over the $400 yea these are not new but I figured I'd post them for a little less than what I got them for OBO I'm not trying to rip anyone off just would like some of my money back that's all!

@figure8 Gary hoos sells them on eBay for $395 plus $21 for shipping so that puts you over the $400 yea these are not new but I figured I'd post them for a little less than what I got them for OBO I'm not trying to rip anyone off just would like some of my money back that's all!
Sorry, that's not what I meant. I meant he sells at a better price than Mike at 650 central. Not trying to step on your toes....

I'm thinking of going with VM34's for my project bike so I've been doing some research and waiting for a vendor offer a sale price. I noticed that they are both right hand carbs, not a really big deal but inconvenient for idle speed and mixture screw access. Does the jetting and slide cut away match this Setup: 175 main jet, 15 pilot, 2.0 slide, P-6 needle jet, 6F9 needle, & 2.0 air?

This is what Sudco says is the correct starting setup for XS650

I'm thinking of going with VM34's for my project bike so I've been doing some research and waiting for a vendor offer a sale price. I noticed that they are both right hand carbs, not a really big deal but inconvenient for idle speed and mixture screw access. Does the jetting and slide cut away match this Setup: 175 main jet, 15 pilot, 2.0 slide, P-6 needle jet, 6F9 needle, & 2.0 air?

This is what Sudco says is the correct starting setup for XS650
Yes I noticed that there both right hand not sure why there sold like this and yes it's a 2.0 slide and the 175 main jet and the 15 pilot ,6f9 needle not sure what you mean by 2.0 air?

"2.0 air" refers to the main air jet in the intake bell. BTW most of us get good results with the leaner 2.5 slide that comes from the factory, richer PJ (22.5 or 25), MJ 175 to 185 depending on conditions, no air jet, 6F9 JN, and P-6 NJ. I prefer the slightly leaner P-5, but that single step doesn't make a great deal of difference. Now go ahead, tell me Sudco's jetting came down from the mountain carved in stone.

The 2.0 slides alone would have added over $100 to the price of the kit. This is a very decent deal, folks.

Last edited:
"2.0 air" refers to the main air jet in the intake bell. BTW most of us get good results with the leaner 2.5 slide that comes from the factory, richer PJ (22.5 or 25), MJ 175 to 185 depending on conditions, no air jet, 6F9 JN, and P-6 NJ. I prefer the slightly leaner P-5, but that single step doesn't make a great deal of difference. Now go ahead, tell me Sudco's jetting came down from the mountain carved in stone.

The 2.0 slides alone would have added over $100 to the price of the kit. This is a very decent deal, folks.
@grizld1 thank you hopefully someone picks up on this great deal

In the spirit of full disclosure, please have a look at the bottom picture looking at the inlet side of one of the carbs. The slide has no visible cut away. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't thinki it is possible to put the correct slide in backward. There is a locating pin in the carb body that aligns with a vertical slot machined into the slide keeping the slide aligned so the cut away is facing the inlet. I checked Sudco's catalog, Left and right carb slides are different part numbers. I think this must be a left hand slide in a right hand carb. Since these are both right hand carbs ( left and right being determined by the position of the idle speed screw ) I don't think it's just that the slides have been switched from the left and right carbs. Are both of carbs like this? Am I missing something here?
Looking at the carbs in this ad on eBay you can see the cut away from the inlet side of the slides and that the left and right carbs have idle speed screws on opposite sides.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-Real...ash=item233c6e22d3:g:i1cAAOSwPc9Wu2BL&vxp=mtr

In the spirit of full disclosure, please have a look at the bottom picture looking at the inlet side of one of the carbs. The slide has no visible cut away. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't thinki it is possible to put the correct slide in backward. There is a locating pin in the carb body that aligns with a vertical slot machined into the slide keeping the slide aligned so the cut away is facing the inlet. I checked Sudco's catalog, Left and right carb slides are different part numbers. I think this must be a left hand slide in a right hand carb. Since these are both right hand carbs ( left and right being determined by the position of the idle speed screw ) I don't think it's just that the slides have been switched from the left and right carbs. Are both of carbs like this? Am I missing something here?
Looking at the carbs in this ad on eBay you can see the cut away from the inlet side of the slides and that the left and right carbs have idle speed screws on opposite sides.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-Real...ash=item233c6e22d3:g:i1cAAOSwPc9Wu2BL&vxp=mtr
@JohnnyC your are absolutely correct this is a left slide in a right side carb as they are 2 right hand carbs I would deduct the cost of the right slide from my price to make this a fair deal to who ever buys them other than that there in like new condition

Back