Marco Simoncelli

yamaman

xs650 addict
Reaction score
Alas poor Marco, one of the most exciting riders on the GP ciruit lost his life in the Malaysian GP yesterday. A great man and a great rider, the world is poorer for his loss. RIP Marco, enjoy the ride. Cheers

Yup, saw the video, evil shit there........he'll be missed, helluva rider.....................

Marco-Simoncelli-.jpg

I watched the race, well the 4 minutes of it. Horrible accident. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. And to Rossi and Edwards, I can only imagine this is devistating to them. Marco was a great rider and a cool guy from what I watched of him in interviews.
He'll be missed on the circuit.

Rest in Peace Brother :(
LORD, thank you for the open air, the feel of wind blowing through my hair;
Just me alone upon my bike, the thrill of freedom's what I like.
To wind through country unexplored, not knowing what I'll see next LORD;
That's what I seek when off I ride,
I'm thankful that you're by my side.
If I should ride 'til morning's light, please keep me safe throughout the night;
And when I've come to journey's end, It's you I'll thank - protector, FRIEND

Ed

I watched it live too, real shock to see a rider down like that, with little doubt he won't be getting back up. Terrible loss and must be tough for the other riders.

I'll be back for Thanksgiving and leave right after Christmas for annual home leave. Probably be here 2 - 3 more years before I get back to stay.

wow, he will be missed. I know in the races these guys crash all the time and get right back up. This was not the case in this situation.

I had recorded it and watched the crash several times. It wasn't good. You can tell right away that it was all over. He was only 24.
It really shows how quickly something very bad can happen on a bike. From the time he slipped off the bike to the time he stopped moving was 2 seconds.

Very, very sad. He seemed to be a great guy and a fearless racer, he will be missed by fans and fellow GP riders alike. Sympathies to his family and thoughts with the other riders who will be trying to deal with this horrble accident.

He was starting to get there in the MotoGP class. I remember the 250 days and everyone was saying "that guy is the next Rossi". Now we will never know. RIP Super Sic

Attachments

• super sic.jpg
    super sic.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 125
I kept watching the video over and over again. It almost looks
Like his right leg was caught underneath the bike and then edwards ran into him

There is a riders cam that shows his bike drop too far down, as though the ass slipped out and almost lowsiding. Then he slips to the right, off the bike. That's when he crosses into the other riders path.
But he does look kinda stuck off the side or something.
I watched it over and over again and wish I didn't.

I think the bike was just supposed to slide off to the left but somehow gripped traction again and rolled him and the bike across to the right

RIP # 58 , Marco will be sorely missed . Some would think of retiring after an accident of this sort .

Back