Master cylinder identification

andrsn

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I need to rebuild my front and rear master cylinders, but I don't know what kit to buy from mike's. I bought the front lever and rear master cylinder off ebay and don't know what they came from.

My front lever is stamped "nissin 14" and it has a square shaped reservoir with four screws.

The rear master is goldish colored and is only stamped 14

anyone have any idea which kits I need?

Some photos would help. .........................Might pay you to get to know your parts before you buy them:thumbsup:

I would not expect to get a kit from mikes, if you bought new on ebay contact the seller for the proper kit to use. If you bought used sounds like you will be spending some quality time matching pics to figure out what they came from. Good luck with that. like skull sez post some pics for IDEAS on what they MIGHT be. AFAIK there could have been several different bores in one model of casting. How bad are the MCs? I am old and cheap but often find a clean up of the MC will do the job without a kit and if it gets to the point where a kit is needed often the bore is shot as well (corrosion)

got some pics, as far as i can tell the rear looks like it matches the only xs650 rear master cylinder rebuild kit mikes carries. The front looks the same as mikes too. Is there anywhere else I might be able to find rebuild kits with more info?
thanks
5467117280_9587e332e8_b.jpg

5467117222_799bf93728_b.jpg

My first blush guess is that the 14 specs the bore? Have you measured to see what the bores are?

Back