Megacycle 250-40 camshaft

Hudriwudri

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello gent's,

As far as i remember some of you do use the megacycle 250-40 profile, would one of you maybe remember the overlap lift @TDC, unfortunately not stated in catalog?
I ordered already the cam but until it arrives here some time will still pass, so i reasoned if one would have that info i could already ponder on some ways on how to achieve my porting goals (in particular to be used valve diameters).

Thanks and happy Easter

Christian

Hey guys,

Nobody?

@jay760
Would maybe you have some idea whereaboutish the TDC lift lays?

I have to admit it's not urgently important, but while I'm waiting for the parts, curiosity is slowly killing the cat:laugh2:.

Kind regards and happy Easter

Christian

I wouldn't know, bikes together now so would have to take bits off to find out, I may be doing this in a couple of weeks as start of the season is next week, have two weeks racing then a gap, so if it goes wrong then it will be coming apart,
I only timed the start and finish as per the instructions.

This is timing sheet for a 250-30 cam if that helps...
cam specs.jpg

@jay760

Thanks for your kind answer.
Let's hope the best for your next races!
My buil will still take some time as i also have to do the rest of the bike.
In case i get to some info regarding tdc lift, will let you know.

Happy Easter

Christian

@MrBultaco
Thanks a lot, that gives me ready a rough idea that TDC lift "should/could" be roughly in that range given the fact the 40 has a wider spread of the lobe centers.
Thus i can start already to play around with bigger valves and see which TDC lift point corresponds with disaster.

It's getting clearer and clearer though that eventually i'd also like to try out their 250-50 grind.:love:

Thanks a lot and kind regards from Italy

Christian

Back