member spotlight...

deadchef

xsbobblehead
Reaction score
just a thought but i'd like to see a monthly write-up of some of the senior members. typical rolling stone type questions. maybe pics of projects, shop, tools etc.

there are many knowledgable members that we all respect, it would be kind of neat to get some background on them.

like i said, just a thought...

I like the idea!

In my short time here, I've come to respect a number of people. I'd love to see a bio of folks like

Racer Dave
Retired Gentleman
5 Twins
gggGary
Travis

and probably a dozen others whose names elude me at the moment.

Maybe they don't want their "bio" out there.
I can think of three that I've followed for several years.
I take what they say to the bank. No questions. I'm as sure of their knowledge as I am the fact the sun comes up in the east.
You would think IF they wanted their age, family, address and types of vehicles on the web they would have already mentioned that in posts.

And when you go to naming names make sure the right names get mentioned.
Just because someone posts lots of photos and statements doesn't mean the material is theirs. It means they spend alot of time on the interwebs reading and know how to use search functions.

Just sayin...........Respect, the world could use more of it.

Maybe they don't want their "bio" out there.
I can think of three that I've followed for several years.
I take what they say to the bank. No questions. I'm as sure of their knowledge as I am the fact the sun comes up in the east.
You would think IF they wanted their age, family, address and types of vehicles on the web they would have already mentioned that in posts.

And when you go to naming names make sure the right names get mentioned.
Just because someone posts lots of photos and statements doesn't mean the material is theirs. It means they spend alot of time on the interwebs reading and know how to use search functions.

Just sayin...........Respect, the world could use more of it.

hey i wasn't asking for anything from anyone. i hold the utmost respect for the dudes that know their shit and am very greatful that they in turn pass on their wealth of knowledge.

i just thought it would be interesting to get some background or behind the scenes info from the guys we respect. a few of these guys are rockstars as far as i'm concerned.

uebe, you raise valid points, but it ain't like we was asking for their SSN and Visa Card numbers.

I wasn't thinking in terms of a personal bio. Just some history and/or anecdotes on their love affair with motorcycles in general and XS's in particular.

Or not...Strictly a passing idea, voluntary on their part. If they post something I'd be interested in reading it, if they don't I'd respect their privacy.

Back