MI helmet law

What I appreciate about these laws is the ability to give someone a ride if I choose instead of saying "Sorry attractive, sexually uninhibited girl, I can't give you a ride out to a secluded spot in the country, I don't have a spare helmet." :thumbsup:

What I appreciate about these laws is the ability to give someone a ride if I choose instead of saying "Sorry attractive, sexually uninhibited girl, I can't give you a ride out to a secluded spot in the country, I don't have a spare helmet." :thumbsup:

ahh, yes. that old chestnut. although, to be legal, youll still have to card her to insure thats she 21 yrs. old... whomp whomp whomp!..

i still think your a retard if you dont wear one.

A friend of mine is currently in the hospital after a car tuned left in front of him doing about 75km/h on his Victory. Pelvis is in half, tracheostomy, no brain damage thanks to a full face, and still wants to ride after all of this.

Oh, I'm not saying they aren't lifesavers, I just saw a guy ride past my house who took out a telephone pole with his Harley - drunk - not quite two years ago. The people across the street found a chunk of his shin bone in their yard, thats how hard he hit. He's back on a bike, thanks to the helmet. Hopefully he learned something.

I pretty much object to government mandates over my personal choices as a matter of course. I believe in my freedom to make bad decisions!

Helmets have saved my life several times yet I occasionally (OK, rarely) ride without one.
Where are these "attractive, sexually uninhibited girls" Oregon?

Wisconsin passed this law back in about 1975 no insurance strings attached. I was with several thousand bikers (hard tail CB750 full boat chopper LOL) that circled the capital square that year.

glad they're requiring only the rider to carry extra insurance if they're operating without a helmet. there was speculation that all insurance rates would be increased if the no helmet law passed.

i'm still wearing one. i dumped my cb750 on a dirt road at 2 mph (hit a deep pocket of sand while turning) and my head hit the ground so hard i had a mild concussion - thats with a helmet on.

Oh, I'm not saying they aren't lifesavers, I just saw a guy ride past my house who took out a telephone pole with his Harley - drunk - not quite two years ago. The people across the street found a chunk of his shin bone in their yard, thats how hard he hit. He's back on a bike, thanks to the helmet. Hopefully he learned something.

I pretty much object to government mandates over my personal choices as a matter of course. I believe in my freedom to make bad decisions!

i guess i look at it differently, our health care is free, so everyone pays for someone elses stupidity.:laugh:

The trouble with that line of reasoning is that its a slippery slope. There are lots of people who would say that riding a motorcycle is, in and of itself, an unnecessary risk.

so was out riding the 650 doing some carb jetting checks today - beautiful day in northern michigan btw. already saw someone on his harley helmetless.

i was at a stoplight and i caught someone staring at me. i looked over and the guy in the car next to me jokingly says "you're wearing a helmet?!"

kinda funny

Back