Mids and rear brake pivot on an Ardcore frame

MarkGSE

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up dudes trying to find some decent photos of mid controls on rigid framed xs's. I think I have a first gen Ardcore frame. I know most mount to the two holes just behind the factory bottom motor mount but I don't have them. just looking for options and photos. worst case i'll just chop em off the other fame I have and weld em back on. thanks dudes. O and rear brake pivot would be dope to see as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

There are a ton of ways to do this most of which require you to weld some bungs to the frame to bolt then up. I can tell you that is definately not an ardcore tail first gen or other wise.

running a drum in the rear it shouldn't be too tough. I used monstercraftsman mid peg mounts, they bolt on to stock exhaust mounts. then I used a Hughs handbuilt brake pivot and the stock brake pedal/linkage/acuator rod. I'll track down some pics

2 pics I have on my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 802
I just lopped off the exhaust mounts from the old frame. and monster craftsman mid controls. I have them mocked up on my build thread that I updated yesterday. I'm debating whether or not to take a saws-all to retrieve the brake pivot from the old frame or just use Hughs....meh...see what I have time for =)

Just use Hugh's pivot its much easier. You could make your own with some 1" tubing and 3/4" rod but its more trouble than worth unless you just like doing everything yourself. As for the pegs. Just make you own and figure out what you want the bolt spacing to be and weld on some bungs. Either prefabed ones from bung king or make some.

There are a ton of ways to do this most of which require you to weld some bungs to the frame to bolt then up. I can tell you that is definately not an ardcore tail first gen or other wise.
I agree having had a few that is deff not one

Back