Mike's 80-84 650 Special Cafe seat

danno

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am very interested in seeing pics of this seat, should anyone here happen to buy one. I love the lines of the seat, but I fear that it likely has a logo printed on the rear of the seat ( a definite deal breaker for me, too much visual clutter ). I would have hoped Mike would have posted better pics of the seat, as it is a very unique item.

call mike's and ask?
I dont like all the badging and angular opposing lines either. the only ones I let be are the yamaha on the clutch cover, and the yamaha on the rotor cover. though the 650 badge for the pionts house is growing on me. the ones I have now dont have any thing.

I like it because it is different. Also, everything can be returned to stock if desired. The world is rapidly being shed of Specials, because it is currently in fashion to hardtail them. I prefer to ruin my kidneys the old fashioned way... with BEER!

Send your old seat pan to Sargent and have what ever you want for about $300.00. This is one of mine.
IMG_1446.jpg

- got one of those sitting somewhere in the back of the barn squashed between some of its bigger brothers and a moto-honda...looking good :thumbsup:

Thanks it is a sweet ride. I'm on my 6th XS650 and I love these bikes Guzi and XS because of the simplicty of design. Air cooled, screw adjuster on the valves, carbs.

INXS, tell me about the Guzzi in your barn.

- if i remember correctly its an 81...i rode a CX500 and enjoyed it but always preferred aircooled motors and my mates V50 was a lot lighter and better handling...always had fun with both my le mans' so just kinda naturally went there...never regretted it, theyre bullet-proof motors...love the linking-brakes too, foot operated left front and rear, hand operated right front

Welp, as the pic above shows, it does have "YAMAHA" stenciled on it, but is rather unobtrusive, I think. If this bothers you, though, there is a product called Fiebing's Leather Dye that might work to cover it permanently. I dunno how well it works on vinyl, but you could shoot them an email to find out. A little goes a long way and it can also be used to restore the color of your worn motorcycle jackiet and/or boots. Good stuff. A small bottle will probably last you several lifetimes.

http://www.fiebing.com/Dyes.aspx

Back