Mike's "European Type Bar" - before and after

osteoderm

out of the box
Reaction score
It's always been tricky for me to visualize what new or different bars will look like, even with the product pics and rise/width/pullback numbers.
I put on a set of "Mike's European Type Bars" (Part #25-0123) last spring. Just re-discovered these pictures, thought they might help someone out there trying to visualize...

Stock '74 TX650 bars:
2011-08-12_16-00-37_470.jpg

Mike's European Style Bars:
2011-08-14_08-26-06_554.jpg

Slack throttle and clutch cable worked into the tunnel okay, but the upper brake hose gets about as close as you can go; I wouldn't reccomend narrowing these bars further with stock controls/cables/hoses. No, they aren't drilled for internal wires. Yes, drilling them was... unpleasant. But worth it!

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanx for posting these pics - I'm thinking about replacing the standard bars on mine with either euro or superbike bars and wondered what the difference looked like.

Like an old Brit bike.

Thanks for the photos. Side shots would also be pleasant. I really like this style of bar, and British bike guys usually have a pile of them . It's tough to find bars that are not bent though.

Like an old Brit bike.

Thanks for the photos. Side shots would also be pleasant. I really like this style of bar, and British bike guys usually have a pile of them . It's tough to find bars that are not bent though.

Rode plenty of miles with this bar, but didn't take many pictures before the tear-down. This is another angle, parked next to a new R6...

2011-10-09_13-29-22_419.jpg

Back