Mikes International Shipping costs is now Bullshit

xsPete

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered some parts from Mikes
What's happened with his shipping prices, he's making more off that than the parts.
$39.95 for 0.66lb shipped to Aus.

Looks like it's time to start using speedandsport a lot more often.

same with xs650direct. Costs more to ship petcock kit then the parts. And thats canada to canada.

I just ordered a 6" speedo cable extension from mikes which is less than 1lb.-slow mail over $9 and inside the mainland USA-SHAME ON THEM

Have anyone of you guys tried shipping parts across the globe? it is expensive as shit. I just sent 2 bolts to England and it cost almost $18 with usps. No tracking or guarantees either. If you want tracking and guaranteed delivery it is going to run you $75. Keep in mind this is a very small box size, anything bigger is going to be even more $$$.

Have anyone of you guys tried shipping parts across the globe? it is expensive as shit. I just sent 2 bolts to England and it cost almost $18 with usps. No tracking or guarantees either. If you want tracking and guaranteed delivery it is going to run you $75. Keep in mind this is a very small box size, anything bigger is going to be even more $$$.

I've bought stuff from MM at 650 Central, SpeedandSport, Mr Luckys, Pandemonium and Mikes seems more expensive.

Folks, I am experiencing the consequences of the high cost of International Shipping as well. People just don't seem to understand that once the package is out of my hands and in the hands of the shipper, there is nothing I can do.

I normally ship USPS International Priority Mail which is $16.95 to Australia. This service does not have tracking or insurance. It is supposed to take 6 to 10 business days to get there, but I have had it take as long as 4 weeks. Customers complain, of course, but there is a slight tinge of blame on me in their complaint. They always ask for tracking information and even proof that I sent the order!

I am currently talking to a customer in NZ in this predicament. My alternative is to then ship International Express mail for $41.50 to get tracking and 3 to 5 days delivery. I believe that is what shippers like MikesXS have been forced to do.

I have never had a Priority Mail shipment lost. I have, however, experienced very long delays of up to 6 weeks for the shipment that is supposed to take 6 to 10 days.

I personally think that this uncertainty in international delivery time is an anti terrorist effort.

Last edited:
I just ordered some parts from Mikes
What's happened with his shipping prices, he's making more off that than the parts.
$39.95 for 0.66lb shipped to Aus.

Looks like it's time to start using speedandsport a lot more often.

Read my post above. I'll bet if you asked MikesXs he would have tracking information on that shipment. That costs $41.50 for 10 Oz.

Last edited:
For small parts Heiden are expensive they have a minimum charge of 15 Euros, about $22 and that's just in Europe, I've found all international postage is getting expensive, I've asked a few times about parts on ebay on what the postage will be to the UK, if they use the price calculator it end up way to high to even consider buying the item, last time I ordered parts from Mikesxs I got tracking information, unfortunately they gave me this after I had the customs bill so didn't know what I was being charged for

If there are parts that Mikes carries that aren't readily available from other sources, I wonder if an enterprising Aussie could work with Mikes to become a regional distributor of sorts?

Last edited:
If there are parts that Mikes carries that aren't readily available from other sources, I wonder if an enterprising Aussie could work with Mikes to become a regional distributor of sorts?

Well, what I suggest is that you get together with a mate of yours and order two or more PAMCO's shipped to the same address in the same box. Then request Express Mail so you will get faster delivery and tracking. You can do the same with orders from MikesXS.

Be thankful you are living in Germany. recently shipped a tiny, less than 1 lb, MIDI board for a pc there. UPS wanted $60. USPS wanted $20.

I lost my advance locating pins while taking apart my motor.. Well no problem I'll order it from xs650direct.com, 0.98 per pin I needed 3.. shipping was $13.74. I completely understand that prices on things are getting more expensive and are passed down to the customers. But I mean $13.74 for 3 little pins that probably don't even way much more then a button?

It would appear that this is a minimum shipping, I think some places need to re evaluate some of the minimum shipping costs and shipping methods on smaller orders. When I order from xs650direct.com I think its completely reasonable shipping on larger items. And its not very often that I pay shipping as many of my orders are at the $150 free shipping mark.

Don't even get me started on the 'shipping calculator' on ebay. Or even just the charges that these people charge, more then once I've paid the shipping rate that was posted only to recieve the item and see that the paid postage was way lower then what I actually paid. :wtf: :banghead:

I got this response from Mikes

RE: Order Confirmation No: 109353‏
To see messages related to this one, group messages by conversation.
Find email Add to contactsTo Peter Delaney
To: Peter Delaney

Hi Peter, They are not our shipping cost. This is what USPS charges us. We do not make a profit on shipping. Thanks________________________________________From: Peter Delaney [pdelaney@live.com.au]Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 5:53 PMTo: Mikes XSSubject: Re: Order Confirmation No: 109353

Checked a couple of others after this, 2 cables with banjo fitting etc from MM. Shipping $23.95 UPS with Tracking.
Mr Luckys $41 Intl Priority

Looks like UPS is staring to cash in on the inernet boom more and more.

And Mikes did take the time to respond.

Pete

I just got free shipping from mikes. Just gotta spend over 150!

Me too! And, it showed up in less than a week.
I do have a big problem paying for shipping on things that are inexpensive or can be stuck in an envelope. I will always look for another source first.

Well said Pete. Shipping itself is getting to be ridiculous. It's not Mike's. Some stuff maybe but shipping costs have been going up and up. My cribbage peg business suffers from this as well. You can thank oil prices for that.

Back