Mike's XS 12.7mm master cylinder

aldo5468

Redleg
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone with 4-pot Brembo front caliper using this m/c? Whudda think? For now, I'm using the 14mm stock unit. From the Vintage Brake chart, it looks like a 1/2" unit (12.7mm) would be about right.

Anyone with 4-pot Brembo front caliper using this m/c? Whudda think? For now, I'm using the 14mm stock unit. From the Vintage Brake chart, it looks like a 1/2" unit (12.7mm) would be about right.

12.7 mm would still be somewhat too powerful. When I changed over from the stock
14 mm , I went with a 12 mm M/C, and it gives good modulation with the 4 piston Brembo.

IMHO.................I would not buy brake parts from Mikesxs. I just don't trust the quality. They sell a lot of junk.

I bought my Brembo 12 mm M/C from Bevelheaven.com for around $122. Yes, its more expensive than the chinese stuff, but its high quality, works very well, and I feel safer. As a bonus, it has the same size thread as Yamaha uses for the mirror, so your existing mirror will screw right on.

Last edited:
Thanx, RG - decided on a 1/2" unit that Yamaha used as OEM for many years on its XV250's and 500's - has RH mirror mount and "plug-and-play" brake switch connection. Should be a noticeable improvement from 14mm.

Back