Mike's XS

Irydebikes

XSessively enthusiastic
Reaction score
I just wanted to post about my experience w/ Mike's XS. I've seen several posts where people have had problems w/ orders etc... and vented here about it.

I have ordered twice from them in the last month and have had VERY positive experiences. Not only did the orders get shipped w/in 24 hours, but communication was fast and smooth. I work in a retail shop and know it's easy to get customers frustrated when things don't go smoothly and get a bad rep, so I wanted to let folks know about a GOOD experience and give Mikes a fair shake.

I have to concur. Happily, all of my experiences with Mike's have been positive. I think I had one instance where a part was incorrect (cable too short), but I bought an extension for it, and it actually worked out better.

TC

I've also had good experiences with everything I've ordered from Mikes (ranging from 8 months ago to 4 years ago) :thumbsup:

The new management is actively reaching out to XS650 owners for suggestions and advice.That alone is a change for the better, and I think we'll see some good things happening. Re. price increases, they're reasonable. In case anyone has been hiding in a cave and hasn't noticed, fuel and commodities prices have been going up, and that means increases in everything from materials costs to shipping to keeping the lights on. In any business, pricing has to keep pace with costs if the doors are going to stay open.

I just received my first order from them, two carburetor kits and a fuel cock.. I had forgotten to order the fuel cock, and ordered it first thing in the morning on a separate order and they combined the order and refunded the shipping on the second order.... That is an A+ in my book I know I will have to order some more items in the future so I don't see any problem ordering from them again.....:thumbsup:

+1 no issues with Mikes service and quality.
shame I can't say the same about the postal services, but I am on the other side of the world

Postal services not any better over IMO. I have been going back and forth with them for about 2-1/2 months over a Holley carb that they played basket ball with... Our local customer servive here is terrible.....

All my orders with them have been great, from last week to a year ago. I am a bit upset at one price increase they have, but I can go elsewhere, so it's cool.

Just put an order in earlier today. Will post back here once I hear word back from Mikes XS. Good to hear that shipments are getting better.

The new management is actively reaching out to XS650 owners for suggestions and advice.That alone is a change for the better, and I think we'll see some good things happening. Re. price increases, they're reasonable. In case anyone has been hiding in a cave and hasn't noticed, fuel and commodities prices have been going up, and that means increases in everything from materials costs to shipping to keeping the lights on. In any business, pricing has to keep pace with costs if the doors are going to stay open.

Rather than go into any specific product issue or transaction pro or con;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think the grizld1 makes an excellent point about working with the new management of Mikes XS in a more constructive fashion.
Like taking them at their word that they want to grow and improve their business. Why would they not?

All things considered, they are by far the most valueable and important single supplier the XS 650 community has. Like it or lump it. Along the lines of the 'grizzled ones' advice; lets all consider taking a more constructive approach with a more helpful positive and encouraging tone.

I for one, wish them well and hope for their success in improving some of their product line offerings and with their customer communications.

As a thought....this place is full of their best customers, it would be great for us all to hear from these new owners here on the forum. Who are they, what are they about, their goals, issues, needs and wants from us their customers in the way of feedback and how?

Something about their plans. Might be a good step in improving customer communications? Blue

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I have to eat some crow. After supporting Mike's through all this mess and requesting patience for them, my patience is running thin. My son ordered one of there exhaust systems that was on sell almost three weeks ago and has not received anything, including emails. No response from Mike's regarding what the situation is. Nothing. I have advised him to pursue a refund through the credit card company if he doesn't hear something soon. Totally unacceptable.

Having many issues in the past with the old owner of Mike's I am happy to report that I have had no issues with the new owners. All emails before and after purchase have been answered with in 24 hours. I am very happy with the new service.

My experiences have been mostly positive. I've ordered about $600.00 worth of stuff from them in the past 4 months. All good except poor quality stainless brake lines (in my opinion, others have liked them) and them substituting a different coil from the one I ordered with no explanation or adjustment in cost.

Good news. My son's system was delivered today. It seems Mike's had some sort of a computer glitch and several orders were dropped, including his. Once communication started the issue was resolved quickly. Communication. The key to any good customer service. I want these guys to succeed so let's hope this was a one time glich.:thumbsup:

it would be great for us all to hear from these new owners here on the forum.

They stopped by in another thread. I don't remember their ID. They sounded very professional, as if they'd gone to college and worked in offices. I liked 'em.

My only order since the acquisition went fine. It took three days to get here instead of the prior two, but that's okay.

My first order with Mike's was a little slow but my last 5 or 6 orders with Mike's have been perfect! Would recommend to anyone!!!

Back