MikesXS Coils.....Trying to help someone. Input please.

Here's one installed on a 77 (converted to Pamco & e-advance))

turk 009.jpg turk 010.jpg

turk 011.jpg turk 012.jpg

gggGary,

I just noticed that you have the E-Advancer right next to the coil. That is not a good idea because the EMF from the coil can interfere with the MCU. You could also have an issue with heat as well. The recommended location is under the left side air filter cover or under the seat.

That was an early e-advance maybe even before the instruction sheet? pic is dated 5-13. It took me a while to dig up that pic of an accel coil mount, when I saw it I thought uh-oh that's not a good place for the advance.
That bike went from a hadn't run in 15 years shed find to Turk's wife Jonie's bike in about a month and a half. Haven't heard a thing from Turk, AFAIK it's running fine in Texas heat and they like to RIDE. I put about 150 shake down miles on it before they took it. It was HOT and I rode it like I stole it bombing the back roads with a buddy who loves to flog his 1800 wing. Never missed a beat for me, ran flawlessly.

jonie.jpg

As far as the 17-6822 coil goes, how do you replace a plug wire in one? They seem glued in. There is a sort of clip on the wires. Mine disintegrated as soon as I touched it, but the wire still will not come out.
Is changing to the 17-6903 plug and play?

Back