MikesXS Slimline Master Cylinder With 83 xs650 hs stock brakes?

truetilldeath

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a '83 XS650 Heritage Special with single front brake stock setup. My question is I am looking for a new master cylinder to clean up my drag bars, and I was looking into the slim line lightweight master cylinder from mikesxs but I just want to make sure it is going to offer enough stopping power. I was looking at the smallest lightest ones available; I have come down to these 3..

Part #08-4005 is the Replacement Lightweight (9.5oz.) Front Master Cylinder Assembly.
Ideal for 77-84 Street Trackers or stock bikes with Single Disc brake.
12.7.0mm. piston bore.

Part #08-4003 Replacement Lightweight (11.1oz.) Front Master Cylinder Assembly Ideal
For 77-84 Street Trackers or stock bikes with Single Disc brake.
11.0mm. piston bore.

This one is the only one that says for specials, but does not say that it is a slimline series. anyone have this one, is it smaller, cleaner looking then stock?

Part #08-4004 Replacement Front Master Cylinder assembly with sloped reservoir for bikes with bars that situate the master cylinder on a slope - "Specials". 14.0mm

Are any of these enough to run my single disc unit? I have not intentions of switching to a dual setup, so it only has to work for the single. Or anyone have better cheaper options that won't require tons of mods?

Thanks and sorry for the long post,
Ryan

Back