MikesXS

pamcopete

Ride.Enjoy.Life is Simple
Reaction score
The owner and founder of MikesXS, Mike LaLonde, has sold the business to a group of investors. Mike worked tirelessly over the years to find the parts that we all use to keep our XS650's on the road. I doubt that there is a member here who has not purchased a part or two from Mike. Mike traveled the world to personally find the factories to manufacture parts, sometimes even locating the Original Equipment Manufacturer of a part when the XS650 was still being built.

Without Mike and MikesXS, most of the XS650's that are still on the road would be in the scrap yard. This site would not be the success that it is today.

Hopefully, the new owners will carry on the work that Mike started and we can all enjoy our beloved XS650's....forever!

Pete
Any idea of who bought it. Outside investors or some one like Parts Unlimited??
There go the prices because some of his stuff is just so hard to pass up.
HOPE IT GOES WELL . Was a JAMMER DEALER in the 70's and 80's and when it went so did all the dealers like me.
GOD BLESS MIKE he kept me in XS and CB parts TAKE THE CASH AND RUN TO THE BEACH

Well, I remember talking to Mike when he raised the free shipping number from $50 to $150. His shipping costs had gone up dramatically, especially inbound shipping costs due to the increased security measures post 9/11, but he held off raising the threshold for quite some time. He said at the time that it was either that or an across the board increase in prices, so he basically held the line since then.

Now, the new owners have looked at the costs and determined that a price increase was needed. In fact, long overdue, so it is a rather large 10%, but it should have been several price increases over time that Mike just delayed.

I can see the costs of my ignition system, and they have gone up since I introduced the system 3 years ago about 20% but I have not had a price increase either during that time. Parts like the wire I use, which is made of copper, have gone up dramatically from about $1.20 a pound to $4.50 a pound from December of 2008 to now, although there currently is a slight downward movement, the general trend is upward.

A lot of this price pressure is due to the huge economic growth in China and India. they are both consuming more commodities than ever, with no end in sight.

So, as the French would say "la belle et les bonnes choses ne durent pas" and that goes for pricing as well.

Improves quality? Doubt it. Investors don't care bout anything but $. If products sell that will be the end of it.

Posted via Mobile

"la belle et les bonnes choses ne durent pas"
"Beautiful and good things do not last"

Save the rest O yous guys the trouble.

Last edited:
Bad news for anyone waiting on the PAMCO system like me. I just received an email from them and they said "We have them on order. Check back in about 6 weeks.":yikes:
I am pissed to say the least. It has already been 4 weeks...
Anybody have the advance mechanism they wanna sell me?

I have the complete advance unit w/shaft in perfect condition for $50 + shipping. If you are fitting it to a 80-82 motor, you will need the bushings that go in the camshaft.

John

Sorry to hear Mike sold the business. I hope it was a great move for him financially. He's been a good supplier. I also hope the new owners continue the service as well as he provided it. Although I never like to see price increases, everything is or has gone up, and with everything that's going on worldwide, it's only going to get worse in the future.

Good luck to us all,

DLD1

MAYBE, just maybe they will have a REAL phone number... That would be nice...

Yep, just checked... Alot of the prices are up, the camchain went up a full $10.00

Price increases are always a pain, but having new owners who are in it solely for profit is worse. I'm not saying they are. I just hope they feel the same about the XS as we do.

Trying to get a Pamcopete ignition, they don't have a single one in stock either :doh:

Thats not something I'm gonna complain about though, since Pete is the man for XS Ignitions. 6 weeks is the wait on those though, any confirmations on that?

Better to pay a little more and still have the parts available. What if Mikes just shut down?? We'd be hurting for sure. Price increase or not, I just hope everything stays the same as far as parts availability.

Back