mikuni choke plunger kits?

I'm guessing you have a heritage special and don't like the cable?
Those carbs can be modified with the choke rod from a 80-81 carb set.
Sometimes they come up in the classified section and on e-bay.
I've wondered about modifing the cable rods with balls, springs and indents on the back to hold it so instead of a pull rod it would be a push rod. But setting and thinking about is as far as I've gotten.

If I have assumed wrongly then add some more info and someone will come along to answer.

I'm guessing you have a heritage special and don't like the cable?
Those carbs can be modified with the choke rod from a 80-81 carb set.
Sometimes they come up in the classified section and on e-bay.
I've wondered about modifing the cable rods with balls, springs and indents on the back to hold it so instead of a pull rod it would be a push rod. But setting and thinking about is as far as I've gotten.

If I have assumed wrongly then add some more info and someone will come along to answer.
thanks the other bike i'm customizing is an 81 and has one and yep, mine is an 83 heritage and need to ditch the cable. thanks ill keep an eye out.

Actually the cable set up is a better set up. The cable gives infinite adjustment, the knob gives on, 1/2 on and off.
Leo

But the cool factor is nill for the lever and cable on the handlebars.
Maybe relocated.

I did two more steps but the one between 1/2 and full choke is the most usefull for me.

full

full

My Harley and my Honda both have a cable for the enrichener.
On the Harley it hangs under the tank by the horn mount. Just oposite of the carb. The Honda is on a hanger of the left side handle bar riser.
can't hardly tell either one is there.
I have a set of 82 carbs on my 75 right now. I had an old lawn mower throttle cable that I adapted to fit for the enrichener.
I was thinking of getting either the Honda or Harley cable and see how much it will take to use.
I do have the left side controls off the 82, I could just use that.
Leo

Attachments

• New choke cable 002 (925x694).jpg
    New choke cable 002 (925x694).jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 224
I looked at the choke cable on the super glide, IIRC it is an integreal part of the choke?
Meaning the cable is "hard" attached to the choke plunger.
Your cable mod is cleaner (imo) than the lever and cable off the switch.

I kow the enrichener cables for both the Harley and Honda can be bought. How they hook to the carb is about the only thing that might be a problem. Adding enough solder around the fitting on the cable with a mold of some sort to fit the XS650 enrichener attach point won't be to hard.
Maybe at some point I'll get one and see.
Leo

Just checked the Harley repair manual. The end of the cable has a small barrel with the cable out the end instead of the side. This small barrel fits into a recess in the enrichener plunger.
Making it fit the XS650 carb shouldn't be to hard.
Leo

Looked in the Honda Clymers book. Not a very clear pic. Went out to look on the bike. The cable end looks the same shape and size as the XS650 cable end. Should fit and work ok. The distance from housing end to cable end might be the only problem.
Leo

Back