mileage help? -81 getting 30-35mpg with 128 mains, 42,5 pilots and 21mm float height

just thought id update all of you out there. i got the washers in place and the bike runs so much smoother now..

thanks for all your input!

sorry for a bad choice of words. i blame the language barrier! what i meant was that the little i've had it running in the garage (its -15 celcius here) the plugs look way better than before, she idles better (at 3-3.5turns out) and it just sounds better.. Until spring time, thats all the test running i can do, but I guess that hopefully in my case, fuel economy and how it ran goes hand in hand?

Not having the washers in place made the main jet block off the air intake in the needle jet, I guess that must have caused it to run very rich.

With the needle jet being loose in the carb body, fuel may have also been going up around the outside of it instead of just through it like it should. You may also need to go back to the original 132.5 size mains now. Amazing what one little washer can do, huh?

Haha yes it sure is 5twins. I owe you big time on this one! Thanks for the tip on the mains. I'll be going stateside in the next week here so I'm gonna get a few different ones while its cheap. Maybe even a Pamco!

Once again, Thanks for all the help. I would be so lost without this site!

I beg of you, please only buy genuine Mikuni jets. To be sure, look for their trademark "square in square" emblem .....

MikuniEmblem.jpg

GenuineMikuniJet.jpg

Back