lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
20230922_172735.jpg
Awl Points to the Spot
Part number 90201-08624-00, washer, plate, number 8 on the fiche is missing from my spare cover. It is available from local dealer for $4.80 but looks like it is only an M8 washer. I went to my nuts and bolts store here and the open stock stuff was too big in outside diameter to fit in the case. Are there any cheaper substitutes?
What is the effect of running without it - will the spinning rod rapidly wear out the socket in the case?
There's a long list of Yamahas up to early 2000's that use this same part, can't see why it's so pricey.

As I recall, there's no hard bush in that hole, just the aluminum, so yes... running without it will chew up the case.

Run a Wanted ad? There's plenty of people here that delete the tach drive. Might get lucky.

View attachment 251859
Awl Points to the Spot
Part number 90201-08624-00, washer, plate, number 8 on the fiche is missing from my spare cover. It is available from local dealer for $4.80 but looks like it is only an M8 washer. I went to my nuts and bolts store here and the open stock stuff was too big in outside diameter to fit in the case. Are there any cheaper substitutes?
What is the effect of running without it - will the spinning rod rapidly wear out the socket in the case?
There's a long list of Yamahas up to early 2000's that use this same part, can't see why it's so pricey.
Be guided by the outside diameter and pick a washer to suit. Drill a bigger hole.

Yes, that's a special washer, not a normal off-the-shelf size .....

TachDrive2.jpg

Usually one with up to a 12mm O.D. will fit.

thrust washer tach drive gear.jpg

Think I got a bunch of washers from china the correct size, but mailing one to Canada.... :shrug:

Back