mistery axle plate

Qimosabe

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ID this axle plate and recommend the proper chain/axle adjuster ? The frame is after market from the 60's or 70's. No markings on the frame.

Attachments

• My Axle Rod II.jpg
    My Axle Rod II.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 195
Hi Qimosabe,
looks to me that the two holes at the back are meant to accept the stock XS650 swingarm endpieces.
If so, a pair of those bolted into the endplates will let you use the stock chain adjusters.

The stock slot is 3/4 tall 2 3/4 long and a bit more than 1/2" thick

20160229_175334.jpg

It just happens there are a couple extra tees like shown in the pic out in gggGary's shed of ill repute.

prolly about $13 to your USA door.

Hey gggGary, Thanks for the reply. I know nothing about bikes but I'm learning. Just going on logic and ignorance, the end piece looks like a stop. (not adjustable) how do you adjust the chain? ........... 20 minutes later ....... I figured it out. I can see what they're for. Just use regular chain adjusters ... right? Where is this shed you mentioned.... do you have these ? Yeah ..... $13 sound good to me. Fill me in on how and where to get them. Thanks again ......

Last edited:
Hey Fred. Thanks for the reply. I Googled "XS650 swingarm endpieces" didn't come up with anything that was familiar. Could you post a pic of what you are referring to. Thanks.

what wheel do you have in there? the stock axle is 20mm.

These are the stock adjusters available used (rusty) and aftermarket.

chain adjuster.jpg

This is early on my project. I used a Harley front wheel just for a Mock up. I will probably use a stock Yami rear wheel with a 1" axle.

gggGary, I figured it out. I can see what they're for. Just use regular chain adjusters ... right? Where is this shed you mentioned.... do you have these ? $13 sound good to me. Fill me in on how and where to get them. Thanks again ......

Last edited:
Back